Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Moo!: DNETC replacement

Silver Member

Re: Moo!: DNETC replacement

This is silliness. I put my two 5870s on this in the AM today. So far I've finished 9 work units for 553K.

Dan

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    This is silliness. I put my two 5870s on this in the AM today. So far I've finished 9 work units for 553K.

Dan
    It looks like they fixed the dual-gpu issues?

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crazybob's Son View Post
    It looks like they fixed the dual-gpu issues?
    Nope. My dual 5870 still takes 1-2 hours to run a task. Credits are ranging from 400 to 58,000 each. So I think I will continue to let that project under-utalize my GPUs for now.

http://moowrap.net/results.php?hosti...state=3&appid=
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Silver Member

All of my tasks are taking around 1 to 1.5 hours. The first nine averaged about ~8 credits per second per GPU. The latest one averaged ~1 credit per second, per GPU, which is half the credits I get off Milkyway. Milkyway gives me ~2 credits per second, per GPU. I'll let it run a little while longer and see what the real credits are, but if it's like the last wu, then it's back to Milkyway.

Dan

Amd 570 slowed down, did one in a little over 97 mins for 18k credits. Oc'd to 880 done in 47 mins for 8500 credits. Maybe just random chance but hard not notice that credits seem to be tied to card per wu rather than wu's done(twice as fast card got half the credits).

Considering a slowed down 570 was drawing 165watts-100w(system usage when idle)=65 watts and an OC'd card 280w-100w=180w give the same credits(albeit at twice the rate)...somethings not right.

I'll run these later tonight and see if this was just a weird coincidence.

Diamond Member

Remember, this project uses the new credit method that DA implemented. It is adaptive. So it will be constantly adjusting the credits awarded. Theoretically, the variations will be large at first, smoothing out over time. In the real world? No idea yet, as this is one of the first projects to use it.

Add to that mess, the admin is also tweaking the formula manually.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    Remember, this project uses the new credit method that DA implemented. It is adaptive. So it will be constantly adjusting the credits awarded. Theoretically, the variations will be large at first, smoothing out over time. In the real world? No idea yet, as this is one of the first projects to use it.

Adaptive? 65K to 8K in one step is a big adaptation. I'm going back to Milkyway if this trend continues.

Dan

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    Adaptive? 65K to 8K in one step is a big adaptation. I'm going back to Milkyway if this trend continues.
    We don't know if that is due to the adaptive credits, or due to the admin messing with the credit multiplier manually. Or both at the same time. No way to tell. It's a black box.

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post

And he does not like the fact that the new scheme is awarding as much as it does on the high side. Does that remind you of anyone............? *cough* DA *cough*

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567