Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's HERE!!

Past Administrator

Re: It's HERE!!

Now those temps sound more like it, under a full load. You'll be just fine there. That HSF should work pretty good - you should even be able to get a moderate O/C with it. Unfortunately, I don't have the back I/O clip-in panel, as I never received it with the mobo. That was one of the things I was bummed about when sending it to you. If you want, I can scour Ebay or something and try to find one?

Hope all is well, how does the speed feel in comparison?

KaoticEvil[SETI.USA]

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    Now those temps sound more like it, under a full load. You'll be just fine there. That HSF should work pretty good - you should even be able to get a moderate O/C with it. Unfortunately, I don't have the back I/O clip-in panel, as I never received it with the mobo. That was one of the things I was bummed about when sending it to you. If you want, I can scour Ebay or something and try to find one?

Hope all is well, how does the speed feel in comparison?
    The temps are even better now.. Cut a hole in the side, added a fan, and an "air chute". Sitting at 50C right now. Was peaked at 55C when it was a little warmer in the room. Sadly, can't manage to get it to OC at all. Raised the FSB to 1033, and it wouldn't even POST. Ah well.

As for the back panel, not a big deal, was just wondering. I can fashion one out of duct tape (an indispensable item to me!) and an old beer case. I've done it before.. The Dell I was using before putting Pieces together had a side AND the back panel made of the same!

The speed difference, really doesn't feel *that* much faster.. But then again, I was only running XP on the 2.66, with 1GB of RAM, and Win7 Ultimate uses a LOT more resources... It *is* faster for a lot of things tho.. I notice that PG is crunchin faster 3 of 4 hours for a PPS Sieve instead of 12-24.. That makes me happy

It's just hummin along right now... Hoping I can get my GPU soon.. Thinking I might need to get a PCI-X 1x audio card, so that I have room for a dual slot video board... Altho, if I get me new rig built in this case, Pieces might end up mounted to the wall

thepossum1

WOOT! Love to see all that even though I haven't got a clue what it all means
    GO GO GO!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12