Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MOO Wrapper Switched to granting static credit

Silver Member

Re: MOO Wrapper Switched to granting static credit

Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell View Post
    Because DA sucks. Switching to a static credit mode is a good thing. Fine tuning the granted credit is a bit of an art, and they're working through this.

As an FYI, this sort of stuff is common with new projects. It's growing pains. If you're sensitive to that, don't run it. Wait for it to stabilize in a while.
    Sounds like your sensitive to others being sensitive. Does it make you angry when people get angry about a project jerking people around?

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    Sounds like your sensitive to others being sensitive. Does it make you angry when people get angry about a project jerking people around?
    A little. This is why I usually don't tell people about new projects.

Shadow

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    Yep. This conversation got very confusing here. The post was of them change to a fixed credit per wu. It's about 2.5K. So I was confused here about 7k per wu. Haven't seen that since the new policy yesterday.
    Apparently, the number they're changing in the formula is 7, not 7k. It was @ 5, resulting in the 2k credits. Now @ 7, it's giving just over 3k credits.

Past Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Apparently, the number they're changing in the formula is 7, not 7k. It was @ 5, resulting in the 2k credits. Now @ 7, it's giving just over 3k credits.
    Well thatīs it. I am moving back to collatz. Runtimes has also increased on my box, and according to my poor maths - I am loosing around 300Cs per hour now vs collatz. So that is one easy desicion.
    Proud member of SETI.USA since 28īth December 2005.

Joined old MB Dec. 28th 2005 - 5837 posts

Cruncher Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Beerdrinker View Post
    Well thatīs it. I am moving back to collatz. Runtimes has also increased on my box, and according to my poor maths - I am loosing around 300Cs per hour now vs collatz. So that is one easy desicion.
    Sorry guys, I am a bit confused here. The way I read it is that Shadow is saying that previously the credit was 2k and with the change it is now 3k. That to me is an improvement. Mind you, my maths is also very poor. What gives?

Past Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Cruncher Pete View Post
    Sorry guys, I am a bit confused here. The way I read it is that Shadow is saying that previously the credit was 2k and with the change it is now 3k. That to me is an improvement. Mind you, my maths is also very poor. What gives?
    Correct. The credit is now 3xxx per WU - but on MY box I am also seeing runtime increased from 26xx Secs to now 42xx+. This means for me, that the credit I can get has lowered from 2991 CS pr hour to now 2600 cs per hour...Thus the 300 statement.

This applies to my pc. It migth be different for someone else.

Cruncher Pete

Cool. Now I get it...

Shadow

I don't what else they changed besides credits. My runtimes are holding steady at just over 8 minutes, but my GPU temps shot up into the high 80's. They were staying in the low 70's. Even after downclocking them, they were hitting 88-89 degrees. Checked for a dust bunny invasion, that wasn't it.

Past Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Cruncher Pete View Post
    Cool. Now I get it...
    We gotta make the most of while we can eh? 300 Cs per hour is 300Cs...If we wanna be #1 again sometime, we canīt afford such slack!

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    I don't what else they changed besides credits. My runtimes are holding steady at just over 8 minutes, but my GPU temps shot up into the high 80's. They were staying in the low 70's. Even after downclocking them, they were hitting 88-89 degrees. Checked for a dust bunny invasion, that wasn't it.
    Interesting. Yeah, my HD5870 on the DrPop rig is bouncing off the REV limiter at 90 degrees! I've never seen it go above 86 before, even cranking DNETC like a tornado...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast