Thread: Looking to Trade some CPU Time

Swordfish

Looking to Trade some CPU Time

I would like to get my Clean Energy Project Phase 2 badge. The problem is that it only runs on Linux and the leaves me out. I have had some help and have just under 11 days, 11 hours of run time. I need to hit 14 days to get the badge.

Is anyone able to help me out with this? I will be happy to crunch the project of your choice during the duration.
    Last edited by Swordfish; 10-29-10 at 09:05 AM. Reason: Typo

KaoticEvil[SETI.USA]

Re: Looking to Trade some CPU Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish View Post
    I would like to get my Clean Energy Project Phase 2 badge. The problem is that it only runs on Linux and the leaves me out. I have had some help and have just under 11 days, 11 hours of run time. I need to hit 14 days to get the badge.

Is anyone able to help me out with this? I will be happy to crunch the project of your choice during the duration.
    What is the average run time for the WU's? Both my system and the wife's system run linux. Her's is linux exclusive.

Swordfish

Quote Originally Posted by KaoticEvil[SETI.USA] View Post
    What is the average run time for the WU's? Both my system and the wife's system run linux. Her's is linux exclusive.
    From the WCG Forums:

CEP2 is a quite special cyberinfrastructure approach and differs in some ways from other World Community Grid projects - that's why you have to opt-in. Here are a few of the reasons:

* run time requirements per work unit vary notably and range from about 2-12h
    * temporary disk space requirement (max. 2GB)
    * memory requirement is larger than other projects
    * data transfer volume (about 20-80MB upload per work unit, one time download of 200MB) are higher than usual
    * CEP2 is the first WCG project to use an external server - your results are directly uploaded to Harvard for optimum efficiency

Please note that it is recommended to leave application in memory (LAIM) while running this project.

KaoticEvil[SETI.USA]

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish View Post
    From the WCG Forums:

CEP2 is a quite special cyberinfrastructure approach and differs in some ways from other World Community Grid projects - that's why you have to opt-in. Here are a few of the reasons:

* run time requirements per work unit vary notably and range from about 2-12h
    * temporary disk space requirement (max. 2GB)
    * memory requirement is larger than other projects
    * data transfer volume (about 20-80MB upload per work unit, one time download of 200MB) are higher than usual
    * CEP2 is the first WCG project to use an external server - your results are directly uploaded to Harvard for optimum efficiency

Please note that it is recommended to leave application in memory (LAIM) while running this project.
    Given the fact that it has larger memory requirements, I'm not sure her system would do it.. It only has 1GB.. The rest I don't think would be a problem..

Swordfish

I appreciate your considering to help. Perhaps someone else will look into it.