Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Which browser are you hooked on?

Past Administrator

Re: Which browser are you hooked on?

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    Well, since F$ told us all the negatives about Chrome, and has been extolling the virtues of FireFox (any relation to Fire$torm? ), I have just switched over to FF latest edition. Seems to be pretty nice so far...
    Nope, no relation. Because if there was I'd have some serious cash and a very serious crunching farm to show for it.......

Admittedly, like any software, FF is not perfect. But the primary reason the world has a *cough* better IE *cough* or Chrome browser is because FF raised the bar. And raised it very high.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

CudaStream

SeaMonkey most of the time, occasionally FF.

Ricky Moore

I only use IE8 if I have to because of all the script errors boxes that keep popping up and the "IE can not display ...." problems no matter what my setting are on. Try using IE9 but found most Websites are not setup for it yet. I use Safari 5.1 mostly I like the Top Site page that shows the site you use the most. However at times it has a hard time opening pages, says it can't find the server or the computer for that site is not responding. I also use Chrome but not as much.

Gold Member

This thread prompted me to try Chromium. I'm liking it, so far. I think I found one problem when trying to pay my Comcast bill. Other than that, no problems. I may switch permanently.
    6r39 7r199

Past Admin

Quote Originally Posted by trigggl View Post
    This thread prompted me to try Chromium. I'm liking it, so far. I think I found one problem when trying to pay my Comcast bill. Other than that, no problems. I may switch permanently.
    I would not lay my head on the block for it....But I seem to remember that I have read somewhere that Chrome for Linux is way more stable and fast than it¨s windows "brother"...
    Proud member of SETI.USA since 28´th December 2005.

Joined old MB Dec. 28th 2005 - 5837 posts

Platinum Member

I was on FF for years, but it slowly had more and more issues and I think I was always so upgrade or modification nutty, I killed it myself. Have used Opera as my back up for the most part as the last 3 years I have mostly been a Chrome guy, but now it too has been having more and more issues, but I have not tried to tweak it or screw with it at all.

One I used to tool around on was Maxthon, but dont have it installed at the moment.

Gold Member

As more and more sites move to HTML5 and CSS3, there will be more and more issues with browsers that don't support those standards. Microsoft can't decide what they want to do. First they think XML will save the world and now they don't even support XSLT 2.0. Rumor has it that IE will get a compliance bump as Microsoft moves away from ASP.NET and towards jQuery/HTML5/CSS3.

That all being said... for work I have to support FF, IE, and Safari so I use all three but I prefer FF. IE9 is better, but still lags in HTML/CSS compliance. FF also has add-ons such as Firebug and add blocker and I can't imaging living without either.
    Spring 2008 Race: (1st Place)

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    .....FF also has add-ons such as Firebug and add blocker and I can't imaging living without either.
    +++++1 So so true.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Past Administrator

FireFox 6 is officially released tomorrow but you can have it now!

Checkout ---> http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2391067,00.asp

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Platinum Member

Thanks FS, I will check it out.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast