Thread: MOO Wrapper Different workunit sizes added

Diamond Member

MOO Wrapper Different workunit sizes added

Hi, I just completed adding different workunit sizes and scheduler should now sent you work based on the measured speed of your host. Additionally, scheduler sents workunits that are better "match" for number of cards your host has. This should minimize idle cards at the end of wu. I'm pretty sure there's still some tweaking to do and I will be watching how the scheduler performs tomorrow. Please, do let me know if there seems to be something odd with workunits given to your host and especially if you are now unable to get any work. Thanks! -w

More...

Administrator

Re: MOO Wrapper Different workunit sizes added

OBSERVATION

I have 2 computers with 5970s in them. With the change of wu size based on speed and number of GPUs etc I took at look at my computers on the project. 1 5970 was getting BIG wu that had an even number of packets. The other 5970 was getting 3 packet wus (small size). Running 100% of the odd number wu was killing the throughput.

The machine that was working correctly is running CAT 11.5 and the one getting the wrong wu was running CAT 10.10. I changed out the driver to 11.3, detached/reattached and it is now getting the BIG wu with an even number of packets.

So, unless there was some strange glitch the driver may matter.