Thread: BAM! Connection Error? Opening and ending tag mismatch:

Past Administrator

BAM! Connection Error? Opening and ending tag mismatch:

I'm trying to connect to BAM! account manager on my office rig. When I go to "Synchronize with BAM!", it does its thing and connects, but then at the last second gives the following error:

12/31/2011 11:46:17 AM | | Fetching configuration file from http://bam.boincstats.com/get_project_config.php
    12/31/2011 11:46:21 AM | | Contacting account manager at http://bam.boincstats.com/
    12/31/2011 11:46:22 AM | BOINCstats BAM! | Message from account manager: Opening and ending tag mismatch: venue line 116 and global_preferences. Opening and ending tag mismatch: global_preferences line 23 and acct_mgr_request. Premature end of data in tag acct_mgr_request line 2.

Anyone had this happen before? Should I try detaching and reataching to BAM! or something? It was able to login just before this and got MOO! work, but now I get this error every time.
    Thanks for any ideas!

Past Administrator

Re: BAM! Connection Error? Opening and ending tag mismatch:

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    I'm trying to connect to BAM! account manager on my office rig. When I go to "Synchronize with BAM!", it does its thing and connects, but then at the last second gives the following error:

12/31/2011 11:46:17 AM | | Fetching configuration file from http://bam.boincstats.com/get_project_config.php
    12/31/2011 11:46:21 AM | | Contacting account manager at http://bam.boincstats.com/
    12/31/2011 11:46:22 AM | BOINCstats BAM! | Message from account manager: Opening and ending tag mismatch: venue line 116 and global_preferences. Opening and ending tag mismatch: global_preferences line 23 and acct_mgr_request. Premature end of data in tag acct_mgr_request line 2.

Anyone had this happen before? Should I try detaching and reataching to BAM! or something? It was able to login just before this and got MOO! work, but now I get this error every time.
    Thanks for any ideas!
    I have been having that problem with my Windows boxes for several months now. The only way that I have been able to fix it for short periods is to set all projects to NNW, abort everything, uninstall BOINC, delete what uninstall leaves behind, reboot & install BOINC. This fix lasts for as little as a day sometimes. Other times for a week or more.

Most likely it is due something the Dev's changed in the BOINC server code. Maybe I should post the issue on their forum......

BTW: I have seen this problem with 6.10.58, 6.10.60 and 6.12.34 versions of BM though the exact error message varies between versions.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Past Administrator

Ah, OK. So it's not just me then. Well, I will say the heck with BAM! for now until they have their act together and I'll just add the projects manually.

Hope they can get this sorted out soon! Do you think the Devs know about this?

Silver Member

Well that explains the strange issues on my end.. Thanks for saying something i though i was going crazy...

Gold Member

It was reported a while ago and the result was "it will be in the next release". It is probably fixed in the latest 7.x.x alpha release. Then again, the job scheduler is broke so many have only gotten 1 WU regardless of the cache size they set. The more complicated they try and make it, the more problems they have getting it to run at all. I guess once you have a PhD that you are above K.I.S.S. (or at least think you are).
    Spring 2008 Race: (1st Place)

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    It was reported a while ago and the result was "it will be in the next release". It is probably fixed in the latest 7.x.x alpha release. Then again, the job scheduler is broke so many have only gotten 1 WU regardless of the cache size they set. The more complicated they try and make it, the more problems they have getting it to run at all. I guess once you have a PhD that you are above K.I.S.S. (or at least think you are).
    And the holders attitude defines what P H D really stands for............

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6