Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh my aching wallet!

Gold Member

Cool Oh my aching wallet!

I had a moment of weakness and I did it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-630-_-Product

This boinc thing is insidious! ...and I like it!

/sping

Past Administrator

Re: Oh my aching wallet!

Quote Originally Posted by spingadus View Post
    I had a moment of weakness and I did it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-630-_-Product

This boinc thing is insidious! ...and I like it!

/sping
    Utterly Insane........ which makes you my new hero

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Gold Member

I"m guessing I'll get a "small" boost in credit productivity when I replace my aging gtx260(216).

Platinum Member

I"m guessing I'll get a "small" boost in credit productivity when I replace my aging gtx260(216).
    Very small...

Of course, if you want help becoming a Mega Milestone chaser, I'm more than happy to help you out in ways to use that card...

Gold Member

Ah, any help is welcome.

My initial plan had been to use my cpus for the projects that seem interesting to me and use my gpu for credit whoring. Luckily enough, I do have an interest in PG, so my gpu was used for both interest and credit. But...

I noticed this thing called mega milestones, and so, I just joined every project that I could.

I'm currently running both cpu and gpu on everything that comes my way. I intend on building a farm, but that will be slow in coming and may not really get going until after summer.

Ah, any help is welcome.

My initial plan had been to use my cpus for the projects that seem interesting to me and use my gpu for credit whoring. Luckily enough, I do have an interest in PG, so my gpu was used for both interest and credit. But...
    You want to help us at PrimeGrid? Oh you are my new hero!

I have been building up my systems for the June 20th PG challenge. Hope to see you there!

http://www.primegrid.com/challenge/challenge.php
    Just another little goldfish... steamrollin the competition one project at a time!
    Staff Hardware Reviewer - BayReviews.com
    Top Reviewer - Computer Hardware - Epinions.com

Past Admin

Ah, any help is welcome.

I noticed this thing called mega milestones, and so, I just joined every project that I could.

I'm currently running both cpu and gpu on everything that comes my way. I intend on building a farm, but that will be slow in coming and may not really get going until after summer.
    You Da Man!!!

Platinum Member

Ah, any help is welcome.

You have me so excited now...

Maxwell's intro to MM chasing: Get on the list.
    What do I mean by that? Well, in order to keep the size of the tables down, there is a set minimum number of milestones you need to attain in order to show up on the list. Once you reach that minimum, your rank will show up on the "Mega Milestone" table on your stats page on Free-DC. My first goal when I was starting was just to get on the list.

You have four 250k projects, and the minimum there to make the list is 4. Yay! Congrats! You're close on several others, too.

Strategies:
    - Disable CPU crunching on any project that has a good GPU app. No sense using the CPU for something the GPU could knock out in a few minutes. (DNETC, PG, MW, Moo, SETI, SETIbeta).
    - FreeHAL: I see you're on it, make sure you have 1 WU/core (NCI) checked, and credits will trickle in. It's awesome.
    - WUProp: Always run this. Free credits.

I'll stop talking now. If you want more MM chaser strategery, let me know. And if you want to truly be a badass, add the suffix "[MM]" to your name on every project (brackets included, quotes are not). That will get you to show up on this stats page.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell View Post
    You have me so excited now...

Maxwell's intro to MM chasing: Get on the list.
    What do I mean by that? Well, in order to keep the size of the tables down, there is a set minimum number of milestones you need to attain in order to show up on the list. Once you reach that minimum, your rank will show up on the "Mega Milestone" table on your stats page on Free-DC. My first goal when I was starting was just to get on the list.

You have four 250k projects, and the minimum there to make the list is 4. Yay! Congrats! You're close on several others, too.

Strategies:
    - Disable CPU crunching on any project that has a good GPU app. No sense using the CPU for something the GPU could knock out in a few minutes. (DNETC, PG, MW, Moo, SETI, SETIbeta).
    - FreeHAL: I see you're on it, make sure you have 1 WU/core (NCI) checked, and credits will trickle in. It's awesome.
    - WUProp: Always run this. Free credits.

I'll stop talking now. If you want more MM chaser strategery, let me know. And if you want to truly be a badass, add the suffix "[MM]" to your name on every project (brackets included, quotes are not). That will get you to show up on this stats page.
    Max why not Pirates? How could you skip it?

http://pirates.spy-hill.net/ work is rare and sporadic that if your not connected to it you might miss the whole set before its posted to the board. As a MM I would think that would be on top because the only way to get an MM in it is to crunch it for Years. Its also a low resource credit.
    People do not grow old no matter how long we live. We never cease to stand like curious children before the great Mystery into which we

Silver Member

You definitely don't want to run a ton of projects all at once. BOINC seems to run better when focusing on one or two particular projects at a time (for CPU). You'll also want to make sure you're attached to FreeHAL and WuProp as those are not cpu-intensive, run alongside other projects, and are basically free credits.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast