Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Our forum should be readable by all

Re: Our forum should be readable by all

Quote Originally Posted by YoDude9999 View Post
    This works well to keep out the spammers, but it describes the mechanics of getting registered and gaining access to the forum. It doesn't however, touch on the issue at hand.

What's being said is that the forum should be open for read only access to all pages except for the Team only private areas. Being read only still keeps the spammers from spamming on the forum and using the current method for validating real people and granting them write access that's already in place, should remain so.
    Yes, I posted my initial response before I saw the second page.... The not-viewable part was put in place before we had any private area. Also I believe this was comparable to the way the boards and forum were setup for other big teams lik Sic for example when we were planning our initial deployment so that is how we configured our setup as well.

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hankey View Post
    Yes, I posted my initial response before I saw the second page.... The not-viewable part was put in place before we had any private area. Also I believe this was comparable to the way the boards and forum were setup for other big teams lik Sic for example when we were planning our initial deployment so that is how we configured our setup as well.
    So now that we have a private section, can the rest please be opened up for viewing without registration?
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    So now that we have a private section, can the rest please be opened up for viewing without registration?
    I believe I have this now configured.... I also moved the divisions into the team area with blackops

Gold Member

I seem to have lost permissions to post anything in the private areas. Who can help me?

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by spingadus View Post
    I seem to have lost permissions to post anything in the private areas. Who can help me?
    The same I cant post S.USA Video area.

Gold Member

I cant either. I am sure it is just a hitch from when Mr Hankey made those changes. Give him some time and I am sure it will go back to normal.

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hankey View Post
    I believe I have this now configured.... I also moved the divisions into the team area with blackops
    I thought the main point of the divisions was to help attract members or even whole teams to join us. If so, we should be showing them off, not hiding them.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by joker View Post
    I cant either. I am sure it is just a hitch from when Mr Hankey made those changes. Give him some time and I am sure it will go back to normal.
    If it was only me, you and Maxwell I would thought it was a kind of punishment for bad behavior. As spingadus lost his permission I am starting to believe in that.

The Duck

Is it fixed now?

Gold Member

Is it fixed now?
    It is for me. Thx Mr Hankey.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast