Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Our forum should be readable by all

Platinum Member

Re: Our forum should be readable by all

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hankey View Post
    The division forums... should they be in the public or private area?

Right now I moved them all together in the private area. As far as the divisions being a tool for merging teams and growing the overall seti.usa presence... I think that has not been well received, beyond our own team, as a good idea.
    Well, I have one member of my subteam who refuses on principle to apply for membership. So I would like them moved back into the open...

Gold Member

Stop playing with your principle member!!!!!

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hankey View Post
    The division forums... should they be in the public or private area?

Right now I moved them all together in the private area. As far as the divisions being a tool for merging teams and growing the overall seti.usa presence... I think that has not been well received, beyond our own team, as a good idea.
    ?! LAF is built on the concept of sub-divisions.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Cruncher Pete

Quote Originally Posted by joker View Post
    Stop playing with your principle member!!!!!
    You can play with my member any time!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    ?! LAF is built on the concept of sub-divisions.
    Yea, well the idea may work for the French, but the Americans have a much more independent streak, rugged individualism and all, you know?

Past Administrator

Eh? I dunno....the French thing works pretty good for fries, bread...hmmm...women? I know they have good perfume at least.

Seriously, though - I don't even know what to do with the sub divisions at this point either. The whole sub-team thing has not been received all that well by anyone else in the USA to my knowledge - no one wants anything like a merger, and it's certainly not for a lack of trying. We've just come up empty handed on ways to grow the team. I'm open for suggestions from all . . . but Hankey is correct as far as I know.

Past Administrator

Yeah, as an incentive to have other "teams" join SETI.USA it does seem to be a bust. At least for the moment. At the individual level, zombie makes a good point. One has to keep in mind that SUSA still has something of a bad rap. The sub-divisions would be one piece of evidence to help dispel any negative comments out there. Maybe the decision to be open should rest with division members? Just an idea. I would still prefer BlackOps NOT be open to all eyes. Sorry zombie. Of course I am only one member of BlackOps, the others would have to weigh in one this.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    Yeah, as an incentive to have other "teams" join SETI.USA it does seem to be a bust. At least for the moment. At the individual level, zombie makes a good point. One has to keep in mind that SUSA still has something of a bad rap. The sub-divisions would be one piece of evidence to help dispel any negative comments out there. Maybe the decision to be open should rest with division members? Just an idea. I would still prefer BlackOps NOT be open to all eyes. Sorry zombie. Of course I am only one member of BlackOps, the others would have to weigh in one this.
    It makes sense to me for BlackOps to remain a team only forum. It's not black if everyone can see it. I'm for MM being open to all.
    6r39 7r199

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345