Thread: Severn Suzuki Speach on the United Nations

Diamond Member

Severn Suzuki Speach on the United Nations

Severn Suzuki Speach on the United Nations in 1992 in Rio de Janeiro.
    We are at 12th June 2011 and everything changed for worth. We are still living as if we had no children as if we desire no future...

Discurso de Severn Suzuki nas Nacoes Unidas em 1992 no Rio de Janeiro. Estamos em 12 de Junho de 2011 e tudo mudou para pior. Continuamos a viver como se nao tivessemos filhos como se nao desejassemos o futuro...

Last edited by Duke of Buckingham; 06-12-11 at 07:27 PM.

Silver Member

Re: Severn Suzuki Speach on the United Nations

Talk about, "Hitting the nail on the head!" I don't think anyone could have sent a better message.

Sadly enough however, it seems that the message lacks in that, as long as there are people in the world that would seek to do us harm, there will always be war. Because people can't seem to get along together (and I blame this fact largely on the differences in religious beliefs) it will always remain this way. Ecological and environmental issues could likely be solved if it wasn't for the greed of big business and that of politics always getting in the way.

She is definitely right about one thing though. We are taught to me morally right. Not fighting, sharing, being generous to others and so on, and then we turn around and do exactly the opposite of what we have been taught.

Maybe the Mayan calender is right after all. The world ends in 2012. I always thought the calender ended there because they ran out of room and just couldn't fit any more days on it.
    Yo-

Diamond Member

Re: Severn Suzuki Speach on the United Nations

This is a video I recorded on 1992 when was the special Ecological reunion of UNO. Of all those whise guys that went there to speak, this 13 old girl from Canada, changed my life, as for a while I could finally understand, we could never say to our children, that everything is OK. Yes for that, from that day till now, I have something I want to share. One thought, One word, One deed. For we lie all days of our life, To our children and to ourselfes. It is not very easy this option of trying to be better in everyday is about very simple thoughts, that lead to very complicated actions. 19 years ago that speach was made and so much have not changed. In a not far future we could eat our money and have trips to see piles of it as monuments to our stupidity. For those who can understand that, we are as stupid as King MIDAS, that was changing everything in to gold, so now stupid king, eat your gold, love your gold children, love your gold wife for the only thing you will feell is the alloy touch and flavour of it and for a while I could understand that King Midas was me...

Ricardo
    Last edited by Duke of Buckingham; 06-12-11 at 07:28 PM.