Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please Join with Me in getting BOK some SSDs!

Past Administrator

Re: Please Join with Me in getting BOK some SSDs!

Quote Originally Posted by Gopher_FreeDC View Post
    Guys, I'll say this so Bok don't have too. Thanks..

I guess that means I'm going to have to do something special for you... hmm I'm toying with ideas and a new layout engine....
    Rated IE 7+ , FF 3+ , Safari, Chrome, I'm working the kinks out.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Bok View Post
    Yes, Gopher is making some real nice changes to the frontend! Moving all our ajax features over to jquery and utilizing some of it's strengths (as well as some nice new HTML5/CSS3 stuff too )

Let me say a huge thanks to everyone who donated! I ended up ordering 2xIntel 510 SATAIII 120Gb drives on tuesday and they should arrive today!

It'll be a 'triple whammy'.

1. CPU is faster
    2. new SSD's will move data faster
    3. I'm going to use the opportunity t make some architectural changes to the database tables and the perl scripts which parse and insert the data, on a basic level I'm going to split each of the main (team/user/host) tables into two. First one will contain the main data which changes with every update, the second one will contain the rest of the data. This way I can reduce the amount of data being replicated from the calculation database to the web facing one on a regular basis.. For instance the host table with it's indexes is 11Gb right now and that gets replicated across roughly 20 times a day. It takes a few mins. I can probably cut that down to <2Gb for the main data.

I think it's going to be *good*, quite a bit of work to do..
    Totally AWESOME!!!!

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Gopher_FreeDC

Oh yeah it will be awesome I've managed to replace a lot of the old code with jQuery code still working out the kinks
    I've pretty must redone from scratch a lot of the stuff.. I'm going to rip apart more code when I get the time...

Advisor - Stateside Division

Drives are installed and filesystem created.

Very quick test, copy a 1Gb file from one ssd to the other - 4seconds...

Silver Member

That is outstanding Sir!
    People do not grow old no matter how long we live. We never cease to stand like curious children before the great Mystery into which we

Past Administrator

Alright! . That is just mind numbingly fast! So glad this all came together. Thank you to all the helpers, there are several on this project who wished to remain anonymous, and this is a public thank you to y'all.And to BOK- the least we could do for such a generous benefactor- not just to our team but to the entire BOINC community. My hat is off to you, Sir! Enjoy your new database monster rig.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12