Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I was shopping for a rice cooker and...

Silver Member

Re: I was shopping for a rice cooker and...

Quote Originally Posted by Aux10 View Post
    In the case of rice cookers it's the brand name of a technology that uses a mathematical algorithm with input from a series of heat and steam sensors to instruct the unit when to apply heat and how much vs the traditional shut off at a factory set temperature. It also allows the unit to be programed to cook different kinds of rice. The programs even allow the unit to include a soaking and cool off stage to the cycle allowing for a better quality rice. This is also part of why fuzzy logic cookers take longer.

Thats how I understand it at least. I guess I put too much research into my purchases... Buying my mini fridge wasn't this difficult...

I thought you were cooking rice? I really missed something. Cheep white stuff you cook as a filler?
    People do not grow old no matter how long we live. We never cease to stand like curious children before the great Mystery into which we

Platinum Member

Heck. That's way more complex than I want.

Minute rice: Mix equal parts rice and boiling water. Salt & butter to taste.

Basmati (white) rice: Boil 1/2 cup in as much water as you want and drain and rinse.

And the Basmati *always* turns out more tasty than the Minute Rice.

(I did Minute rice all the time until my sister just told me that Brown Basmati would have the lowest glycemic index which should be better for my wife. So I grabbed a package of Tilda pure Basmati white rice and love it.)

Diamond Member

My machine is not complex only costs a lot of money

Making rice dear?

Old thec Duke (not so old)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12