Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: radioactive@home new project

Past Administrator

Re: radioactive@home new project

Quote Originally Posted by Bok View Post
    Isn't this part of it? - http://<a href="http://radioactiveat...totyp8.png</a>

There is a bunch of diagrams and such from the main site, though I don't think they've released the firmware, I'm sure they would if asked..
    Yep, that be it. On their forum they also talk about winding your own transformer since it does not exist on the market. I was looking on eBay for the Geiger tube and they don't seem to come cheap. In the long run it is probably less costly to buy their kit then to scratch your own.

BTW: Your link had double url tags so it didn't work http://radioactiveathome.org/images/prototyp8.png

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

mrlumu

Just my luck. I was ready to order and went to put the money in the bank for Paypal and get back and orders are closed Hopefully it will open up again soon

Platinum Member

So it is pointless for me to crunch for this project if I don't have the piece of equipment?

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by denim View Post
    So it is pointless for me to crunch for this project if I don't have the piece of equipment?
    Yes unfortunately. Just like quakecatcher, no auxiliary hardware no credits.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Diamond Member

Detectors to ship soon!

http://radioactiveathome.org/boinc/f...owrap=true#293

Sorry about delay but during the tests in Prypiat our fellow found a bug in firmware which caused in freezing the value at the LCD or even show values under zero. Now when this bug is fixed and sensors passed all the tests I can send it to you.
    Everybody who ordered the sensor should have the device before the end of October.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Does anyone know if kruncher Keith is still planning on getting a bulk order for the U.S. to help us save on shipping? I read that on the radioactive forum. I just sent him a pm, but wondering if anyone's heard about that.

Advisor - Stateside Division

I believe so, but with the first batch of detectors delayed somewhat it might not be for while yet (They've said end of October to ship out the first 50).

Got this from kruncher keith today. (he's the one doing the bulk order)

"No, the project has not accepted orders yet for the second batch which these will be from. They are only just sending out the first batch, I don't even have mine (single one) yet.

You are #14

If you have a team with a message board, post on there to try to attract some more USA residents.

See message board for estiamted cost. I will notify you again by PM when it is time to send money.

I can accept a check in the mail or payment by PayPal but it has to be with PayPal funds (no transfer from credit card) so if you need to, you might want to think about transfering the money to your paypal account ahead of time."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123