Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Milkyway: DOUBLE CREDIT FUNDRAISER CANCELLED

Diamond Member

Milkyway: DOUBLE CREDIT FUNDRAISER CANCELLED

Dear MilkyWay@home volunteers, It appears that I have made a mis-step in management of MilkyWay@Home, regarding double credits for fundraising. I believed that this had been done before. I have since discovered that not only I was incorrect, but it is also inconsistent with the BOINC credit system. As volunteers, you have donated enormous computational resources to my group, and on top of that have created a powerful community that not only helps us with software but also teaches us how to be responsible members of your community. We will be running double credit two days this week to make up for lost credit in the past, but we will not be running a double credit fundraiser in September. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. I will need a little time to understand what the right way is to do this, so stay tuned. Best Wishes, Prof. Newberg

More...

Past Admin

Re: Milkyway: DOUBLE CREDIT FUNDRAISER CANCELLED

I guess "they" got to him. Sad times when a guy can't run his own project without being accused of "inconsistent with the BOINC credit system"

Unreal.

Past Admin

Someday DA someday...You will find yourself in front of a very unpleasant looking east-european gangster, who donīt give a f.... for your BOINC credit system!!...

Man I am sick of this...DA is dictating how a Professor should run his own project? How lame is that?
    Proud member of SETI.USA since 28īth December 2005.

Joined old MB Dec. 28th 2005 - 5837 posts

Diamond Member

Maybe is a comemoration of the first edition aniversary of Hitler's "Mine Kumpf" or Nero's Rome fire. Some cientists can be a very good project of ditactorship.

Past Administrator

Man, DA you are a totally narcissistic, arrogant prick...... He must think he is "Up There" with Bill Gates, Larry Ellis or Steve Jobs. Just a nerd lost in his own little Academic Microverse.

I sincerely hope DA is NOT Swedish or Scandinavian...... It would a absolute bummer to be related to that @ss, even if three times removed.......

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

vaio

A one man disaster zone.

He must have a serious flatulence problem cos eveytime he has one of his farts he screws up the whole boinc system and causes one hell of a stink.

* note sig link *
    Last edited by vaio; 07-18-11 at 05:04 PM.

Cruncher Pete

I think it is about time we got together and discuss an alternative to DA's Boinc. He might be credited as the creator of Boinc, but he will also be the demise of Boionc as we know it. Surely we do have amongst us somebody who could create an alternative system especially in view that Boinc is open software or whatever it is called. I am not into these things. I just crunch in memory of friends and relatives who died of Muscular Dystrophy. I am having fun at the same time and crunch any science project and like the way we can compete against each other on a level playing field. Chopping and changing scores in the middle of a game is not for me. It seem that whilst currently I am not a member of Folding, it will not be long before I will be. DA can go back to run his Seti for I have had enough of his dictatorial way of running Boinc. I paid for my equipment and am paying for my Electric Bill and time. Enough is enough...

Edit. I apologise if I am misleading people to think that it was DA who stopped the Double Credit Fundraising in MW. Having re read MW Message Boards there is no indication of any direct involvement in his part. I am just pissed off with this NewCredit deal and assumed it related to it. Never the less, I feel that it could be alleged that there was some interference in order that Prof. Newbery changed his mind. Either way, one should read things a bit more carefully and I did not...
    Last edited by Cruncher Pete; 07-18-11 at 08:59 PM.

Gold Member

I guess I better test Milkyway before this may or may not happen.
    6r39 7r199

Silver Member

@ F$ .....

ANDERSON, Wikipedia:

Anderson, Andersson or Andersen is a surname deriving from a patronymic meaning "son of Anders/Andrew" (itself derived from the Greek name "Andreas", meaning "man" or "manly"). It has originated in parallel in Scotland and the Nordic countries.

In Scotland, the name was first found in the Great Glen and Strathspey[citation needed], where the Anderson family was seated from ancient times[when?]. The name soon migrated to England. Anderson is the 43rd-most common surname in the United Kingdom.[1]

In Sweden, the form Andersson (and also Anderson) is the second-most common name[2].

In Norway and Denmark, the form Andersen is quite common, being the fifth most common surname in both countries[3][4] - see Andersen.

The Scandinavian forms Andersson and Andersen were often rendered as Anderson by immigrants to the English-speaking countries, whereby the latter form become one of the most common American surnames. The name was eleventh most common surname reported in the 1990 United States census, accounting for 0.3% of the population.[5] It is the twelfth most common surname reported in the 2000 United States Census.[6] Anderson is also one of the most common surnames in Canada[7]. Other spelling variations include: Andison, Andersonne, Andersoun, Andirsoone, Andresoun, Androson, Andirston, Andresson, Andrewson, and Andresen.
    I hope this doesn't cause you undo stress....but ah, yeah, there it is.
    Last edited by YoDude9999; 07-29-11 at 12:29 AM.
    Yo-

Past Administrator

Re: @ F$ .....

Quote Originally Posted by YoDude9999 View Post
    I hope this doesn't cause you undo stress....but ah, yeah, there it is.
    If he is even distantly related I'll just have to do something drastic. Maybe sue him........ yeah...... right.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast