Thread: Linux Host not grabbing WU's from Primaboinca..

Past Admin

Linux Host not grabbing WU's from Primaboinca..

Hey team...

Can't get the Linux pz to grab work from Primaboinca. Getting this info:

ons 27 jul 2011 14:20:42 CEST primaboinca Sending scheduler request: To fetch work.
    ons 27 jul 2011 14:20:42 CEST primaboinca Requesting new tasks
    ons 27 jul 2011 14:22:02 CEST primaboinca Scheduler request completed: got 0 new tasks
    ons 27 jul 2011 14:22:02 CEST primaboinca Message from server: platform 'x86_64-pc-linux-gnu' not found

How can I help this?
    Proud member of SETI.USA since 28īth December 2005.

Joined old MB Dec. 28th 2005 - 5837 posts

Past Admin

Re: Linux Host not grabbing WU's from Primaboinca..

Well, I took the plunge...Erased the Xubuntu 11.04 again....And went with another Distro I found...Linux Mint 11...Crunching Primaboinca rigth now!!

Past Administrator

Prima is an x86 app so you will need to use an app_info file (Anonymous Platform) to run Prima, but I do not have one. Sorry. Hopefully triggl or one of the other Linux Gurus can help.

Edit: Idea, you could run Virtualbox with 32bit Ubuntu. Might be easier in the long run.

Note: You could try an Ubuntu minimal CD (Ubuntu striped down to bare-bones). Look here ---> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/In...tion/MinimalCD

Edit again: You posted again b4 I finished this one. Glad you got it crunching.
    Last edited by Fire$torm; 07-27-11 at 11:49 AM.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    Prima is an x86 app so you will need to use an app_info file (Anonymous Platform) to run Prima, but I do not have one. Sorry. Hopefully triggl or one of the other Linux Gurus can help.

Edit: Idea, you could run Virtualbox with 32bit Ubuntu. Might be easier in the long run.

Note: You could try an Ubuntu minimal CD (Ubuntu striped down to bare-bones). Look here ---> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/In...tion/MinimalCD

Edit again: You posted again b4 I finished this one. Glad you got it crunching.
    I don't currently run an app_info anywhere. None is required for primaboinca. Beer probably just didn't have the 32-bit libraries installed.

Many Linux users at a board I go to believe that Mint is the best distro to start out with. Basically, it's Ubuntu with improvements.
    6r39 7r199

Past Admin

Quote Originally Posted by trigggl View Post
    I don't currently run an app_info anywhere. None is required for primaboinca. Beer probably just didn't have the 32-bit libraries installed.

Many Linux users at a board I go to believe that Mint is the best distro to start out with. Basically, it's Ubuntu with improvements.
    Well, it definately looks like a great place to start out!...Java, flash and other "handy stuff" comes pre-installed - so that's nice. Youtube videos plays instantly...

For now it looks like a keeper - but as I get to know more I suspect I will move on to a higher level....

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by trigggl View Post

Thats what I started to post but when I did a net search I got quite a few hits regarding app_info file for x64 linux hosts running x86 apps

Quote Originally Posted by Beerdrinker View Post
    Well, it definately looks like a great place to start out!...Java, flash and other "handy stuff" comes pre-installed - so that's nice. Youtube videos plays instantly...

For now it looks like a keeper - but as I get to know more I suspect I will move on to a higher level....
    Great! My first attempt many years ago was with RedHat 5.5 IIRC. Not a great experience after the install. Ubuntu ended up being my gateway into the Linux world. Anyhow, good stuff there Beer. Lots to learn. Enjoy

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Past Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    Thats what I started to post but when I did a net search I got quite a few hits regarding app_info file for x64 linux hosts running x86 apps

Great! My first attempt many years ago was with RedHat 5.5 IIRC. Not a great experience after the install. Ubuntu ended up being my gateway into the Linux world. Anyhow, good stuff there Beer. Lots to learn. Enjoy

What kinda of Linux are you running these days?

Past Administrator

I have Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (Lucid Lynx) on my Sony Laptop. As soon as I get a replacement hard drive for my Dell laptop I'll reintstall Ubuntu 10.10 (Maverick Meerkat) on it. Most issues I have had with Ubuntu have been fairly easy to resolve, unlike quite a few Windows issues that still bother me.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Gold Member

Debian and RH/Fedora. I prefer stability over bells and whistles.
    Spring 2008 Race: (1st Place)