Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yoyo: New project started

Diamond Member

Re: Yoyo: New project started

I got all my credits in yoyo before badges, and I already have my 1M there. So I find it hard to go after badges now. I have so many other projects to get to 1M. Maybe then I will go back and get badges on my way to 2.5M.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    I got all my credits in yoyo before badges, and I already have my 1M there. So I find it hard to go after badges now. I have so many other projects to get to 1M. Maybe then I will go back and get badges on my way to 2.5M.
    I would have expected you to get the badges retroactively based on your existing credit totals. Seems unfair.

Advisor - Stateside Division

The problem is that prior to the badges being implemented they do not have the breakdown of the individual subproject credit. It's not in the standard BOINC server code to maintain this. I've lobbied for it to be implemented to no avail

Zombie, you could probably reach the minimum in each subproject (10k) in a single day. Might be worth it in case any of the subprojects end.. They did have a very short lived subproject called evorobots where no one got a badge.

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bok View Post
    The problem is that prior to the badges being implemented they do not have the breakdown of the individual subproject credit. It's not in the standard BOINC server code to maintain this. I've lobbied for it to be implemented to no avail

Zombie, you could probably reach the minimum in each subproject (10k) in a single day. Might be worth it in case any of the subprojects end.. They did have a very short lived subproject called evorobots where no one got a badge.
    Heh. Depending on the credits awarded, I can manage only 10-40k per day on CPUs. But that's a good point!

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    Heh. Depending on the credits awarded, I can manage only 10-40k per day on CPUs. But that's a good point!
    Well, I got two (more) today!
    Last edited by zombie67; 08-07-11 at 01:03 AM.

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bok View Post
    There we go. 5 badges (see below).

Advisor - Stateside Division

Cool, just missing the Euler badge as that project finished.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12