Thread: MOO Wrapper Unexpected downtime

Diamond Member

MOO Wrapper Unexpected downtime

It seems we had our first unexpected downtime yesterday. :( We've had some offline times previously but most of them have been for a shorter period of time and on purpose due to maintenance and updates.Access to our services were failing on Thursday from about 4:00 to 20:30 when I finally brought things back online. Those times are on my local EEST+3 timezone, which means from 1:00 to 17:30 UTC and from Wed 18:00 to 10:30 PDT. This is about 16 and half hours of lost time.Looking through logs, this seems to have been caused by the server running out of memory and subsequently OOM-killing itself to death. I have few things I can do to prevent same problem bringing us down in the future. (Like moving the DB to a different server as the OOM-killer chose the poor DB to die on first round.)I did notice the problems in the morning but due to unrelated complications (non-project ones) I didn't manage to get the server back online until that evening. I do apologize for this extending our downtime. :(Everything should be back to normal now but due let me know if there are still problems around. Thanks and now let's crunch hard to make up for the lost time! ;)

More...

Past Administrator

Re: MOO Wrapper Unexpected downtime

Wondered why I had sucky credits for the last couple days on Moo! Hopefully everything will come back up to normal.