Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RSS Notifications

Platinum Member

Re: RSS Notifications

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    DNETC had an RSS message a day or two ago about PPC/Linux. Showed up in my RSS reader. Never showed up here.
    Oh. The DNETC one may not have been set up here yet. I'd bet that's the issue, not that they've all been turned off...

I've seen some DNETC news come through the RSS reader that weren't posted here, but other stuff from other projects that was posted here after that.

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell View Post
    Oh. The DNETC one may not have been set up here yet. I'd bet that's the issue, not that they've all been turned off...

I've seen some DNETC news come through the RSS reader that weren't posted here, but other stuff from other projects that was posted here after that.
    Ah. Okay, if that is the case.

On a similar note, I think we should have RSS subscriptions to ALL the projects. And for those not already set up, they should be posted to Other Projects forum.

If it would be helpful, I can share my RSS feed list...I think. I use Google Reader. I hope there is some way to export that.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Platinum Member

Ah. Okay, if that is the case.

On a similar note, I think we should have RSS subscriptions to ALL the projects. And for those not already set up, they should be posted to Other Projects forum.

If it would be helpful, I can share my RSS feed list...I think. I use Google Reader. I hope there is some way to export that.
    Agreed. (Though it would be a shame for RSS to be our #1 poster... )

And I can create the forums. A go-ahead from the RSS feed controller (Admin, I'm guessing), and I'll get started...

Some of the projects don't have their RSS feeds setup correctly. DNETC being one of them. On the big projects, I have posted on the Forum:

http://dnetc.net/forum_thread.php?id=292

But re-checking dnetc, it looks like they fixed it. I will add that to the correct location.

As for RSSing all the projects, I don't know what the number of posts would be if we did that but do we really care about that many of the projects? I don't know, I leave that up to "you guys".

Diamond Member

Hmm. My RSS reader picked it up. Maybe they fixed it first.

For all projects, there are about 5 RSS posts per day on average.

Personally, I think we should have them all. Help to make this place a "must visit daily" destination.

Platinum Member

Hmm. My RSS reader picked it up. Maybe they fixed it first.

For all projects, there are about 5 RSS posts per day on average.

Personally, I think we should have them all. Help to make this place a "must visit daily" destination.
    Agreed completely. And note that that was 5 total across all projects.

Platinum Member

Are the RSS feeds automatically posted to the appropriate forum, or is there a link to get to them?

Joined Original Message Board: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:47 pm, Currently with 11298 Posts

If it ain't crunch'n, unplug it!

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crazybob View Post
    Are the RSS feeds automatically posted to the appropriate forum, or is there a link to get to them?
    The ones that are posted go to the appropriate forum. However, relatively few projects have their RSS feeds set up to post here automatically.

Ok, give me a list of the projects you want that have RSS feeds for their news sections and I will add them.

I plan to set this up like this: If we have an actual forum section for a given project I will have the project feed post there. I will create a subforum in the other projects area to drop in all of the rest of the RSS feeds.

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hankey View Post
    Ok, give me a list of the projects you want that have RSS feeds for their news sections and I will add them.

I plan to set this up like this: If we have an actual forum section for a given project I will have the project feed post there. I will create a subforum in the other projects area to drop in all of the rest of the RSS feeds.
    Does this mean all the "other" drop into a single thread? I think they should have their own separate threads in the "other" folder. That way people see the RSS subject individually, and can discuss them accordingly. If they are in the same thread, it is like someone posting to the milestone thread. You get no info from looking at the new posts list, no way to tell if it worth reading.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast