Thread: Any good deals on smaller SSDs yet?

Past Administrator

Any good deals on smaller SSDs yet?

Just kickin' the tires here...have a friend who wants a small SSD for his laptop (he is hard on the HDDs!) and was thinking around the 60GB range would be good. He stores everything on a USB backup drive when at home. Anyway, just curious if some of you had eyes out for a good price on one lately?
    Thanks.

Administrator

Re: Any good deals on smaller SSDs yet?

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    Just kickin' the tires here...have a friend who wants a small SSD for his laptop (he is hard on the HDDs!) and was thinking around the 60GB range would be good. He stores everything on a USB backup drive when at home. Anyway, just curious if some of you had eyes out for a good price on one lately?
    Thanks.
    I just saw this one the other day. $84.99 after rebate.

OCZ Agility 3 AGT3-25SAT3-60G 2.5" 60GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
    "My god! Do we really suck, or is this guy really that good?" - Mr Hertz - Shoot 'Em Up

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by STMahlberg View Post
    This one I meant to post when I saw it but now they are sold out OCZ Vertex Plus OCZSSD2-1VTXPL60G $59.99 before $10.00 MIR. A Google search here shows the lowest price at $70.96 w/Free shipping.

As JPM mentioned in a different thread the Agility 3 series is one of the best SSDs on the market. So the one STM posted is probably worth the extra cash.
    Last edited by Fire$torm; 08-29-11 at 12:53 PM.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Past Administrator

Thanks guys! I checked that $59 one in F$'s link earlier and they were out of stock...but then checked this morning, and looks like they've got more in! So I just ordered that one. Sure, not as fast as some of the screamers, but my friend (Bob) will be pretty stoked with this. He just wants an SSD, because it seems like every time he even just "bumps" his laptop hard on something, the HDD goes out! hehe...the guy must have replaced 3 HDDS in the last year and a half...gets old. So he doesn't need lots of space, because now he stores everything on an external drive "just in case", but he wants something that won't be so fragile. I think this will fit the bill nicely.