Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for NVIDIA CUDA PCI-e x16 Graphics Card, < 6.5" long

Looking for NVIDIA CUDA PCI-e x16 Graphics Card, < 6.5" long

I am looking for a 6.5" long ( or less) CUDA graphics card that I can place in my computer.

Memory banks are blocking the first PCI-e x16 slot in the ASUS KGPE-D16 motherboard.

Thanks for any recommendations! Links would be very helpful!

A sample card that I can test with would be great. I promise to send it back or even pay you for it if it works. This is a great chance to get some $$ to trade up!
    Just another little goldfish... steamrollin the competition one project at a time!
    Staff Hardware Reviewer - BayReviews.com
    Top Reviewer - Computer Hardware - Epinions.com

Silver Member

Re: Looking for NVIDIA CUDA PCI-e x16 Graphics Card, < 6.5" long

I'm not 100% on this but finding a card less then 6.5" with any power will be imposable as most heat sinks are that big. If its on a bench I would suggest a riser card.

http://cgi.ebay.com/PCI-E-164Pin-Slo...item27b91886e5

GT 440
    GT 240

Is your best bet, my chart says the 440 is a DP

http://www.zotacusa.com/products/gra...eforce-gt-440#

http://www.zotacusa.com/products/gra...eforce-gt-240#
    People do not grow old no matter how long we live. We never cease to stand like curious children before the great Mystery into which we

Platinum Member

What are you trying to do? You're pushing the limits of card design if you need something that short...

I ask for two reasons. 1. You can certainly stick a good card in that second slot and run it. I've run cards from the second slot many a time. 2. As long as you find a good flat card, it should still fit in the first slot - my online "eyeball" test tells me the card should fit in right under the memory slots...

First, thanks Dan & Max.

The white slot closest to the processor can function as a PCI-e x16 slot and want to use it is possible to get a slim NVIDIA CUDA card crunching.

The problem is that memory, when installed, is blocking the rear of any card you install so 6.5" is my max for this poor slot.
    Just another little goldfish... steamrollin the competition one project at a time!

Platinum Member

Heh... I was just looking at the Blue PCIe slots...

Pretty sure something like this 430 would work, as would this 220.

Those are the shortest I can find...

Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell View Post
    Heh... I was just looking at the Blue PCIe slots...
    The white slots work as PCI-e x16 and I am crunching with a card in one right now on the ASUS KGPE-D16.

Mostly just trying to see how much firepower I can cram into this box.

So, should I buy the Galaxy 43GGS8HX3SPZ GeForce GT 430 (Fermi) 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP?

Or...

Can someone find something with a little more power? This is all for our PrimeGrid challenge next month!

THANKS!

Platinum Member

What else are you going to have in that box? Because my first reaction is to spend your money on cards with better return and stick them in the PCIe slots that aren't blocked.

Real close to getting this one. Low 1 slot profile should fit and it has 1024Mb.

EVGA 01G-P3-1441-KR GeForce GT 440 1024MB (Fermi) DUAL DVI PCI Express 2.0 x16 Video Card

Does GeForce GT 440 make it better than GeForce GT 430?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell View Post
    What else are you going to have in that box? Because my first reaction is to spend your money on cards with better return and stick them in the PCIe slots that aren't blocked.
    True. I have two GeForce GTX 550Ti's in it right now that each take up 2 slots. Will replace them with GTX 590's. Before I spend that kind of cash, I wanted to see if I can make three cards work at once.

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by rgathright View Post
    Does GeForce GT 440 make it better than GeForce GT 430?
    Are you a GPU overclocker? Because if you are, that may influence the answer...

Both cards have 96 stream processors - the key difference is the clock speed. The 440 is clocked much higher. I'd bet you could probably clock the 430 up to 440 or even beyond. However, I'm not sure how well you could cool those cards, so with those other cards you have, you might be better off with the 440.

Someone else weigh in here - I'm at the limit of my (and I use this term loosely) "knowledge."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast