Thread: Any WU's as of late?

Platinum Member

Question Any WU's as of late?

Just wondering as it has been a while since I have had any.

Scratch that, just found one of my machines that had something report.

Gold Member

Re: Any WU's as of late?

SETI is down for several days per week now. Seems the litle green men keep them really busy! (And the credits suck, so why bother!)
    Spring 2008 Race: (1st Place)

Cruncher Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    SETI is down for several days per week now. Seems the litle green men keep them really busy! (And the credits suck, so why bother!)
    You are right on the button there Slicker. It seems to me that our nature dictates that we believe that there must be intelligent beings out there and we will follow the sheep to find if it is so. I submit that although we are using our supposed spare resources of our computer it would be better utilized by helping the Biological and Medical Science to find a cure for Cancer or some other Disease. SETI, and most of the other Sciences are worth while pursuing if it is your specialty. However, the way our efforts to help results in extra costs for the Electric and maintenance of our equipment, we should choose for the best outcome. I admit that although I started on SETI, I changed to a Biolgical/Medical Science for a while, I now crunch anything that gives me a worthwhile score for my efforts, for I like the competition as well. Yes, I agree and I say again why bother with SETI. (and Dr David Anderson who is intent to destroy what he has created in my opinion of course, and I hope I still have the freedom of speech to say so).

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    Nostalgia.