Page 68 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast

Thread: Thought for the Day

Diamond Member

Re: Thought for the Day

Belief consists in accepting the affirmations of the soul; unbelief, in denying them.

George Eliot
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Diamond Member

God sends the dawn
    that we might see
    the might-have-beens
    that still might be.

~Robert Braul

Diamond Member

“Over the years, I have come to realize that the greatest trap in our life is not success, popularity, or power, but self-rejection.

Success, popularity, and power can indeed present a great temptation, but their seductive quality often comes from the way they are part of the much larger temptation to self-rejection.

When we have come to believe in the voices that call us worthless and unlovable, then success, popularity, and power are easily perceived as attractive solutions.

The real trap, however, is self-rejection. As soon as someone accuses me or criticizes me, as soon as I am rejected, left alone, or abandoned,

I find myself thinking, "Well, that proves once again that I am a nobody." ... [My dark side says,] I am no good... I deserve to be pushed aside, forgotten, rejected, and abandoned.

Self-rejection is the greatest enemy of the spiritual life because it contradicts the sacred voice that calls us the "Beloved." Being the Beloved constitutes the core truth of our existence.”

― Henri J.M. Nouwen

Diamond Member

How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these.

Zahid Abas

Friendships are fragile things and require as much care in handling as any other fragile and precious thing.

Randolf S Bourne

Tenderness is the repose of Passion

Joseph Joubert

Our greatest strength lies in the gentleness and tenderness of our heart.

Someone Like Me

Diamond Member

I am with all GODS and DEVILS of the world, I belong to each and everyone of them because I was born human.

It is true that I always try to be better in everyday of my life but that just don't mean a thing on the choices of my life, I am so full of bad choices as anyone of you is, no matter what you think about yourselves, as the song says: "I am what I am and what I am need "a lot of excuses". Sorry for the bad ending, I cant think of none better.

One thing is for sure, I tried to love every human beings and had failed so many times that I am waiting for all the DEVILS bad treatment but on GODS love for me I still trust. I don't trust in dollar bill anyway.

Very Mad and Crazy Duke

Diamond Member

Live so that when your children think of fairness, caring, and integrity, they think of you.

H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

Diamond Member

An open rebuke is better than hidden love! Wounds from a sincere friend are better than many kisses from an enemy.

Proverbs 27:5

I live for those who love me, for those who know me true, for the Heaven that smiles above me, and awaits my coming too; For the cause that lacks resistance, for the future and the distance, and the good that I can do.

Someone like me

Diamond Member

I believe that the existence of the classical "path" can be pregnantly formulated as follows: The "path" comes into existence only when we observe it.

--Heisenberg, in uncertainty principle paper, 1927

In the sharp formulation of the law of causality-- "if we know the present exactly, we can calculate the future"-it is not the conclusion that is wrong but the premise.

--Heisenberg, in uncertainty principle paper, 1927

The violent reaction on the recent development of modern physics can only be understood when one realises that here the foundations of physics have started moving; and that this motion has caused the feeling that the ground would be cut from science.

Werner Heisenberg

The problems of language here are really serious. We wish to speak in some way about the structure of the atoms. But we cannot speak about atoms in ordinary language.

Werner Heisenberg

Natural science, does not simply describe and explain nature; it is part of the interplay between nature and ourselves.

Werner Heisenberg

Diamond Member

Kill tension before tension kills you. Reach your goal before goal kicks you. Live life before LIFE leaves you.

Diamond Member

Page 68 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast