“You educate a man; you educate a man. You educate a woman; you educate a generation.”

― Brigham Young

“The best thing for being sad," replied Merlin, beginning to puff and blow, "is to learn something. That's the only thing that never fails. You may grow old and trembling in your anatomies, you may lie awake at night listening to the disorder of your veins, you may miss your only love, you may see the world about you devastated by evil lunatics, or know your honour trampled in the sewers of baser minds. There is only one thing for it then — to learn. Learn why the world wags and what wags it. That is the only thing which the mind can never exhaust, never alienate, never be tortured by, never fear or distrust, and never dream of regretting. Learning is the only thing for you. Look what a lot of things there are to learn.”

― T.H. White, The Once and Future King

“Children must be taught how to think, not what to think.”

― Margaret Mead

“It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.”

― Confucius

“Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all.”

― Aristotle

“Do not train a child to learn by force or harshness; but direct them to it by what amuses their minds, so that you may be better able to discover with accuracy the peculiar bent of the genius of each.”

― Plato

“Eragon looked back at him, confused. "I don't understand."
"Of course you don't," said Brom impatiently. "That's why I'm teaching you and not the other way around.”

― Christopher Paolini, Eragon

“The educated differ from the uneducated as much as the living differ from the dead.”

― Aristotle

“Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is.”

― Isaac Asimov

“I go to school, but I never learn what I want to know.”

― Bill Watterson, The Authoritative Calvin And Hobbes

All education should have a moral component, educate any person without looking to his moral and you may have someone very dangerous to society and to yourself.

― Someone Like Me

"“Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces."

Matthew 7:6 NIV