Page 12 of 80 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Thought for the Day

Diamond Member

Re: Thought for the Day

GOD give me wisdom and patience to deal with some people because if you give strength maybe I will smash their faces.

Crazy Duke
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Diamond Member

A man's work is nothing but this slow trek to rediscover, through the detours of art, those two or three great and simple images in whose presence his heart first opened.

Albert Camus

Diamond Member

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allan Poe

Diamond Member

Even when dark thoughts come I could discover with the strength of some friends and the light of my GOD the courage not to give up what I think is right though sometimes I think it is hopeless, I will keep on fighting for what I think is the best, excuse me if I disappointed someone, for I am only human.

Ricardo Ferreira

Diamond Member

If one does not know to which port one is sailing, no wind is favorable.

Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Diamond Member

"There is no virtue in compulsory government charity, and there is no virtue in advocating it. A politician who portrays himself as "caring" and "sensitive" because he wants to expand the government's charitable programs is merely saying that he's willing to try to do good with other people's money. Well, who isn't? And a voter who takes pride in supporting such programs is telling us that he'll do good with his own money -- if a gun is held to his head." -- P.J. O'Rourke
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    "There is no virtue in compulsory government charity, and there is no virtue in advocating it. A politician who portrays himself as "caring" and "sensitive" because he wants to expand the government's charitable programs is merely saying that he's willing to try to do good with other people's money. Well, who isn't? And a voter who takes pride in supporting such programs is telling us that he'll do good with his own money -- if a gun is held to his head." -- P.J. O'Rourke
    I can not comply with that. Even the Politicians fee and the one he gives to his friends and to his goons come from our money.

It is tough the conscience of people that can not defend themselves or even ask for food or money that I am worried about because, you know, they are people with needs and for us to care about them, all of us.

The citizen must be very conscientious of his roll in society because he knows he is the one that pays the bill, all bills...

Any society will be judge for history for this conscientious and the way it treats all beings, more or less rational, humans, animals, plants, water or energetic resources, in fact the way we have lived in this world. Don't tell your left hand what you have given with the right one.

Diamond Member

If the charitable cause is good, just, and not wasteful, then it will not need the point of the government's gun to enforce it it. People will donate of their own free will, because of its merits.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Diamond Member

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

T. E. Lawrence

Diamond Member

All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.

Winston Churchill

Page 12 of 80 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast