Page 77 of 80 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 ... LastLast

Thread: Thought for the Day

Diamond Member

Re: Thought for the Day

Look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see, and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious.

Stephen Hawking

The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal.

Aristotle
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Diamond Member

You don't choose your life; it chooses you. There's no point asking why life has reserved certain joys or griefs, you just accept them and carry on. We can't choose our lives, but we can decide what to do with the joys or griefs were given.

Diamond Member

“The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes.”

Charles R. Swindoll

Platinum Member

I like that one Duke...

Diamond Member

Nice Mumps.

“Love is like pi - natural, irrational, and very important.”

Lisa Hoffman

Diamond Member

The Greeks fight vigorously with European leaders in the meeting rooms and in the end all come out here to complain: 'Look at them, they will not lend us more money,' complains the Greek Minister of the motorcycle. 'We do not lend more money because they do not behave well,' defend the German, French, Spanish, Dutch, etc. 'But we promise that we will behave well', guarantee the Greeks. 'So cut in pensions ...', challenges the Dutch minister. 'No!', Insists Varoufakis. 'You see, that's why we do not lend money: who assures us that they will behave well?' Say the representatives of the European taxpayers.

Lagarde said that it takes an adult in the room to discuss with the Greeks. Well, I volunteer myself, I accept the challenge. If an adult is what everyone wants to end this discussion, I can be that adult: I have extensive experience I gained with my children for many years.

No maturity from all sides, both are like children discussing who started what, so our leaders are not so different from my children. I will send my older one to the next reunion, I bet she will behave better than them ...

Someone like me
    Tired of the news about Greece.
    Last edited by Duke of Buckingham; 06-20-15 at 09:54 AM.

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Buckingham View Post
    The Greeks fight vigorously with European leaders in the meeting rooms and in the end all come out here to complain: 'Look at them, they will not lend us more money,' complains the Greek Minister of the motorcycle. 'We do not lend more money because they do not behave well,' defend the German, French, Spanish, Dutch, etc. 'But we promise that we will behave well', guarantee the Greeks. 'So cut in pensions ...', challenges the Dutch minister. 'No!', Insists Varoufakis. 'You see, that's why we do not lend money: who assures us that they will behave well?' Say the representatives of the European taxpayers.

Lagarde said that it takes an adult in the room to discuss with the Greeks. Well, I volunteer myself, I accept the challenge. If an adult is what everyone wants to end this discussion, I can be that adult: I have extensive experience I gained with my children for many years.

No maturity from all sides, both are like children discussing who started what, so our leaders are not so different from my children. I will send my older one to the next reunion, I bet she will behave better than them ...

Someone like me
    Tired of the news about Greece.
    Many American cities are going to face this soon or are facing it. That's what happens when a government make promises it cannot keep.

Vic (mobile)

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by cineon_lut View Post
    Many American cities are going to face this soon or are facing it. That's what happens when a government make promises it cannot keep.

Vic (mobile)

But it is very sad to see all European dreams dying in a swamp made of shit of all our leaders decisions.

Diamond Member

Adults find pleasure in deceiving a child. They consider it necessary, but they also enjoy it. The children very quickly figure it out and then practice deception themselves.

Elias Canetti

Diamond Member

It was a day without thoughts only hopes some sadness and a bit of joy as everyday.
    It was only a regular day

Ricardo Ferreira

Page 77 of 80 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 ... LastLast