Page 78 of 80 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 LastLast

Thread: Thought for the Day

Diamond Member

Re: Thought for the Day

The case happened a week ago in Brighton, Colorado (USA) following an accident with a family van. The two year old was handed over to police Nick Struck by a nurse and was crying, barefoot and covered in gasoline.

To calm her, Struck decided to do what he always does with his own daughter, also two years, when she feels frightened: He started singing the American version of the nursery rhyme "Twinkle, twinkle in the sky." The moment was captured by a woman passing and shows the police pointing in the opposite direction of the accident to try to catch the girl's attention away from the tragedy.
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Diamond Member

The happiness of most people is not ruined by great catastrophes or fatal errors, but by the repetition of slowly destructive little things.

Ernest Dimnet

I am someone who always gets up again, even if there are setbacks. I have a survivor instinct. I'm not sure where it comes from, but probably from all the little things that make you into who you are.

Heidi Klum

When someone that is important to you dies in your arms - just you and him/her, and you're waiting for him/her to exhale - you just think, life's too bloody short to argue about the little things.

Someone Like Me

Diamond Member

... So after my father died, I was waiting to see what the seer said would happen. A great and hilarious secret would be revealed.

To be honest, really did not believe it. But hoped. I wanted to find out what was really going on in that big bald head. It was my last chance, really.

But as you may have suspected, I did not discover anything. Nothing interesting or private was revealed. And yet it was not. And I think that will ever be. So I will never give that laugh that the seer said I would.

And never really even know my father, it is determined. It's a strange and sad thing to lose someone you've never really knew.

On the other hand, it gave me so many things I remember, good things he did, like buying me mini pies of chocolate pudding, and strange things like aluminum foil on the top of bottle of beer and the idea that, no matter how trivial they may be, all the stories are based on a story by Sartre. Probably even this is.

Excerpt from a Bruce Eric Kaplan history.

A Duke's English translation from http://www.msn.com/pt-pt/noticias/so...=mailsignoutmd
    Last edited by Duke of Buckingham; 06-28-15 at 08:05 AM.

Diamond Member

Portugal

Diamond Member

“Anybody can look at a pretty girl and see a pretty girl. An artist can look at a pretty girl and see the old woman she will become. A better artist can look at an old woman and see the pretty girl that she used to be. But a great artist-a master-and that is what Auguste Rodin was-can look at an old woman, protray her exactly as she is...and force the viewer to see the pretty girl she used to be...and more than that, he can make anyone with the sensitivity of an armadillo, or even you, see that this lovely young girl is still alive, not old and ugly at all, but simply prisoned inside her ruined body. He can make you feel the quiet, endless tragedy that there was never a girl born who ever grew older than eighteen in her heart...no matter what the merciless hours have done to her. Look at her, Ben. Growing old doesn't matter to you and me; we were never meant to be admired-but it does to them.”

― Robert A. Heinlein

Diamond Member

The world's problem is not too many people, but lack of political and economic freedom.

Julian Lincoln Simon

Diamond Member

Kill or die. It is cruel but it happened. This was the option given to a boy who was approached on the street by a group of criminals.

Angel Ariel Perez, only 12 years, had just left school and went home when he was approached by a gang in the city of Guatemala.

The young man refused the first hypothesis and ended up paying with his life.

According to the "Mirror", the group handed him a gun and said that Angel would kill a bus driver or died there.

He refused and, weeping, said she would rather die. Angel, who had a dream to one day be an architect, was thrown from a bridge.

According to the same publication, although the fall he survived and was found 72 hours later.

There are some crimes that dead penalty seems to be to soft.

Diamond Member

We are beginning a new era in our government. I cannot too strongly urge the necessity of a rigid economy and an inflexible determination not to enlarge the income beyond the real necessities of the government.

Andrew Jackson

Charisma becomes the undoing of leaders. It makes them inflexible, convinced of their own infallibility, unable to change.

Peter Drucker

Dialectics gives expression to a law which is felt in all grades of consciousness and in general experience. Everything that surrounds us may be viewed as an instance of dialectic. We are aware that everything finite, instead of being inflexible, is rather changeable and transient; and this is exactly what we mean by the dialectic of the finite, by which the finite, as implicitly other than it is, is forced to surrender its own immediate or natural being, and turn suddenly into its opposite.

Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel

But an officer on duty knows no one -- to be partial is to dishonor both himself and the object of his illadvised favor. What will be thought of him who exacts of his friends that which disgraces him? Look at him who winks at and overlooks offences in one, which he causes to be punished in another, and contrast him with the inflexible soldier who does his duty faithfully, notwithstanding it occasionally wars with his private feelings. The conduct of one will be venerated and emulated, the other detested as a satire upon soldiership and honor.

WIlliam Jenkins Worth

Terror is only justice: prompt, severe and inflexible; it is then an emanation of virtue; it is less a distinct principle than a natural consequence of the general principle of democracy, applied to the most pressing wants of the country.

Maximilien Robespierre

Diamond Member

Sarah Robinson, a mother of six girls aged between 2 and 15 years. Since her husband died in 2012, Sarah and their daughters have gone difficulties: they live in the car, no money to buy clothes or shoes.

Despite his good heart, the agent was forced to pass Sarah a fine in the amount of $ 300. The mother will be judged by robbery, but Mark believes the trial ends only with the payment of the fine.
    Following the release of this story was created an account on behalf of the mother which are already contained $ 6,000, which will be delivered so you can take care of the children.

Diamond Member

No one in here to write a thought.

Page 78 of 80 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 LastLast