Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TV shows

Platinum Member

Re: TV shows

Deffinitely addicted. I don't think I could list all of them. Like all the Sci-Fi stuff. I passed on Caprica. Like other Sci-Fi channel shows, they cut the budget, so most special effects went out the window. It's like watching an episode of star trek where the whole thing was done in the shuttle craft. Watch all the CSI shows, Chuck, The Event. Watch the Animation Domination on Fox on Sunday. Ice Road Truckers, Swamp People, Deadliest Catch. House, Outsouced, Big Bang and others. My DVR gets a real workout. Oh did I mention Nascar and Football?

Joined Original Message Board: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:47 pm, Currently with 11298 Posts

If it ain't crunch'n, unplug it!

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crazybob View Post
    My DVR gets a real workout.
    I'm running into the issue that my DVR will only let me queue 50 different shows to record - talk about heartbreaking trying to figure out what show has to go away so that another might live...

Platinum Member

Does anyone have a clue as to what format the HD in a DVR is? If it's NTFS, we might be able to copy the files to one of our boxes and watch or convert from there. Just a thought.

Joined Original Message Board: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:47 pm, Currently with 11298 Posts

Past Admin

Deffinitely addicted. I don't think I could list all of them. Like all the Sci-Fi stuff. I passed on Caprica. Like other Sci-Fi channel shows, they cut the budget, so most special effects went out the window. It's like watching an episode of star trek where the whole thing was done in the shuttle craft. Watch all the CSI shows, Chuck, The Event. Watch the Animation Domination on Fox on Sunday. Ice Road Truckers, Swamp People, Deadliest Catch. House, Outsouced, Big Bang and others. My DVR gets a real workout. Oh did I mention Nascar and Football?
    And still you have the time to make 11.000+ posts on the old board??? Where do you find the time??
    Proud member of SETI.USA since 28īth December 2005.

Joined old MB Dec. 28th 2005 - 5837 posts

Administrator

Does anyone have a clue as to what format the HD in a DVR is? If it's NTFS, we might be able to copy the files to one of our boxes and watch or convert from there. Just a thought.
    When I was looking to upgrade to a larger HDD on my TIVO, weaKnees support forum claims that TIVO uses FAT.

With most shows, I can download them to my computer and then convert them to mpg since TIVO uses their own video extension. I don't know about other DVR's though.
    "My god! Do we really suck, or is this guy really that good?" - Mr Hertz - Shoot 'Em Up

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beerdrinker View Post
    And still you have the time to make 11.000+ posts on the old board??? Where do you find the time??
    Time? what is that? When there is a response to a thread, it pops up in my E-mail. I take a quick look, fire off a post if I have something to say and then go about my work. I see about 150 E-mail a day. It sucks.

What DVR are you using? I built my own DVR and use the HDHomerun as my tuner so getting the files off is not an issue. Of course this only works with non-encrypted cable channels or OTA

Platinum Member

I use what ever Comcrap gave me. Not sure of the make.

Gold Member

Anyone ever heard of a mini series called Band of Brothers?

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by joker View Post
    Anyone ever heard of a mini series called Band of Brothers?
    Heard of it, heard good things, but have never seen it. Have you? How do you like it, if so?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast