Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: The Lattice Project (TLP): GARLI 5.01 released (and more work soon)

  1. #1
    Diamond Member
    zombie67's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 24th, 2010
    Location
    Dublin, CA
    Posts
    5,775

    The Lattice Project (TLP): GARLI 5.01 released (and more work soon)

    http://boinc.umiacs.umd.edu/forum_thread.php?id=640

    I have just released GARLI 5.01 for all platforms, which should hopefully fix the checkpointing issue. There should be more work in the system soon, and we'll find out then.
    A state where police work is easy, is also known as a police state.


    Avatar source
    Twitter: @zombie_67



  2. #2
    Gold Member
    denim's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2010
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    2,440

    Re: The Lattice Project (TLP): GARLI 5.01 released (and more work soon)

    Great news, had a bunch fail out on me after a number of hours into the WU.

  3. #3
    Gold Member
    trigggl's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2010
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    1,996

    Re: The Lattice Project (TLP): GARLI 5.01 released (and more work soon)

    Quote Originally Posted by denim View Post
    Great news, had a bunch fail out on me after a number of hours into the WU.
    Windows, Mac or Linux?
    6r39 7r199



  4. #4
    Gold Member
    denim's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2010
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    2,440

    Re: The Lattice Project (TLP): GARLI 5.01 released (and more work soon)

    Quote Originally Posted by trigggl View Post
    Windows, Mac or Linux?
    Windows. But one of the machines apparently had one come in and run successfully yesterday as I get a couple of credits return.

    Both Ubuntu boxes are down at the moment.

  5. #5
    Gold Member
    denim's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2010
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    2,440

    Re: The Lattice Project (TLP): GARLI 5.01 released (and more work soon)

    I have had WU's run wayyyyy long, and even with the lappy cooler on full blast and elevated 16" up, more then 1 WU at a time is causing thermal shut down when running with PG GPU work it seems. Everyday I am coming home and it is turned off since Lattice started having work again.

  6. #6
    Platinum Member
    John P. Myers's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2011
    Location
    Jackson, TN
    Posts
    4,012

    Re: The Lattice Project (TLP): GARLI 5.01 released (and more work soon)

    Quote Originally Posted by denim View Post
    I have had WU's run wayyyyy long, and even with the lappy cooler on full blast and elevated 16" up, more then 1 WU at a time is causing thermal shut down when running with PG GPU work it seems. Everyday I am coming home and it is turned off since Lattice started having work again.
    I know this reply is late as hell, but it should be pointed out that GARLI can use upwards of 9GB RAM per WU and last ~40 hours. Depending on your BOINC settings, running out of RAM can cause crashes.


  7. #7
    Friend of SETI.USA STE\/E's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 15th, 2010
    Posts
    2,433

    Re: The Lattice Project (TLP): GARLI 5.01 released (and more work soon)

    I've got 1 at 95 Hr's now, it's been at 95% Completion for the last 30 Hr's. I posted at the Lattice Forum about it as I expect it will crash at some point like all the ones before it ...

  8. #8
    Platinum Member
    Mumps's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 28th, 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    3,285

    Re: The Lattice Project (TLP): GARLI 5.01 released (and more work soon)

    Quote Originally Posted by STE\/E View Post
    I've got 1 at 95 Hr's now, it's been at 95% Completion for the last 30 Hr's. I posted at the Lattice Forum about it as I expect it will crash at some point like all the ones before it ...
    But, if it crashes, will it make any noise over on WuProp?

  9. #9
    Friend of SETI.USA STE\/E's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 15th, 2010
    Posts
    2,433

    Re: The Lattice Project (TLP): GARLI 5.01 released (and more work soon)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
    But, if it crashes, will it make any noise over on WuProp?
    Yup, from what I can tell as long as you don't abort a Wu you get Credit for the Time run at WUProp ...

  10. #10
    Gold Member
    denim's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2010
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    2,440

    Re: The Lattice Project (TLP): GARLI 5.01 released (and more work soon)

    Quote Originally Posted by John P. Myers View Post
    I know this reply is late as hell, but it should be pointed out that GARLI can use upwards of 9GB RAM per WU and last ~40 hours. Depending on your BOINC settings, running out of RAM can cause crashes.
    I don't have a machine with that much RAM. So I am unable to run one of my favorite projects.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •