Thread: Dissappearing Posts.

Platinum Member

Dissappearing Posts.

I had just finished doing the updates for Birthdays, New Members and UOTD, when I looked back and my first 2 posts had dissappeared? Not sure what happened. Pain in the but though since I'm keeping both web-sites updated.

Joined Original Message Board: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:47 pm, Currently with 11298 Posts

If it ain't crunch'n, unplug it!

Diamond Member

Re: Dissappearing Posts.

Yep, I noticed the same thing. I posted a new thread in the WCG sub- forum yesterday. It's not there now. Not sure what happened to it.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Hmm.... I haven't been doing anything Are you sure you guys used the post button correctly

I don't know why that would be.

Platinum Member

Wasn't pointing any fingers, just seemed weird. I don't know how to use the submit button wrong? Even when I had looked at recent posts, they were there and then they weren't. Don't know if it was some server maintenance that was taking place or what.

Joined Original Message Board: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:47 pm, Currently with 11298 Posts

Advisor - Stateside Division

nope, no maintenance has been happening at all.

There are cronjobs as part of vBulletin that routinely run - they do things like checking for reminder emails, daily digest, rss posting etc etc but I've not heard of any that prune posts at all.

I just checked through the logs and see nothing showing. Can't say I've ever seen it on other vBulletin sites. Could be an obscure bug in 4.0.8 I suppose?

If you see it again, take note of the last post you seen, or add a new post. Hover over the Edit Post and note down the p=xxxx number in the url, this one is P=1146 for instance, that might help track it down.
    Last edited by Bok; 11-10-10 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazybob View Post
    Wasn't pointing any fingers, just seemed weird. I don't know how to use the submit button wrong? Even when I had looked at recent posts, they were there and then they weren't. Don't know if it was some server maintenance that was taking place or what.

Sorry bob, I was just trying to be funny... fail. For a guy with 11k posts I don't think the post button is an issue.

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hankey View Post
    Sorry bob, I was just trying to be funny... fail. For a guy with 11k posts I don't think the post button is an issue.
    Well maybe it is, and that's why he has 11k posts...

Platinum Member

Wasn't trying to be negative either. Just wasn't sure if there was a way to submit a post wrong, let me in on it. Might come in handy down the road. Was just an odd situation where I knew I had made the posts already and even seen them in the recent posts list and then when I came back to make another post, they were gone. Like not hitting the save button.