Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CreditNew here?

Silver Member

CreditNew here?

I tried this project over the last 48hrs and it seems to give horrifically bad credit for a 48hr period of work... (as in just under 3,000 for all my machines go all out for 48hrs)

Past Administrator

Re: CreditNew here?

Quote Originally Posted by DAD View Post
    I tried this project over the last 48hrs and it seems to give horrifically bad credit for a 48hr period of work... (as in just under 3,000 for all my machines go all out for 48hrs)
    IIRC Rosetta just gives really low credit. So if they did upgrade the server code CreditNew probably would not have an impact.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    IIRC Rosetta just gives really low credit. So if they did upgrade the server code CreditNew probably would not have an impact.
    ...or be an improvement.

Rosetta/Ralph needs CreditNew to bring the pay higher. You can't be "fair" one way and not the other.
    6r39 7r199

Silver Member

I'm all for just doing something for science, but I'd like some decent form of recognition for it, and 3K for 48hrs of 4 computers going non stop.... meh.

A long run of GPU grid WU on one of my GPUs is 40-60K LOL and it only takes 10-18 hrs (depending on the GPU it's on)

Past Administrator

If you like credits, Rosetta just flat out sucks. The little I crunched there was during a Pentathlon for a few days, and it took me a lot of rigs to get the little bit that I have there. I said never again!...unless...it's for a good competition that is.

Gold Member

Yeah, Rosetta has always had low credits, way before creditnew came around.

Perhaps this link will help you figure out which projects give good credit.

http://boincstats.com/stats/project_cpcs.php

Too bad there wasn't an easy way to detect which projects ran creditnew as well.

Advisor - Stateside Division

Consider what it took me to get to 3.3M then Though I was one of the first people to run Rosetta when it was released ->userid=71

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    If you like credits, Rosetta just flat out sucks. The little I crunched there was during a Pentathlon for a few days, and it took me a lot of rigs to get the little bit that I have there. I said never again!...unless...it's for a good competition that is.

Friend of SETI.USA

Quote Originally Posted by spingadus View Post
    Too bad there wasn't an easy way to detect which projects ran creditnew as well.
    Before I run any Project I check the Top Computers Lists & try to find similar Computers to mine to see what kind of Credit I can expect. You can also compare the Measured floating point speed & Measured integer speed to computers similar to yours to see if their Overclocked or running Stock Speeds ...

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by STE\/E View Post
    Before I run any Project I check the Top Computers Lists & try to find similar Computers to mine to see what kind of Credit I can expect. You can also compare the Measured floating point speed & Measured integer speed to computers similar to yours to see if their Overclocked or running Stock Speeds ...
    Good point. I've done it a few times, but what I would really want is an official list of projects that run creditnew. That way I would know to steer clear. A list might be a good way to help deter the use of creditnew as everyone could avoid those projects that use it. Low user participation might be enough incentive for projects to avoid creditnew and DA may eventually just give up on it.

We could call it the 'We're the 99% crunchers against Creditnew list'

Past Administrator

That's actually not a bad idea...Mad Matt has some kind of Crunchers Consortium he's trying to get off the ground that might be a similar thing. I still need to read all the stuff he sent me ahhhh...just to have the time here. Anyway, I would join a "Crunchers against CreditNew" group in a heart beat. I think so would anyone who's got a few $ invested in "good"as rigs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast