Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Growing the Team...

Past Admin

Re: Growing the Team...

I use Gmail, and received my email today. Went to the inbox...So thats fine!
    Proud member of SETI.USA since 28īth December 2005.

Joined old MB Dec. 28th 2005 - 5837 posts

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Beerdrinker View Post
    I use Gmail, and received my email today. Went to the inbox...So thats fine!
    Good to know.
    "My god! Do we really suck, or is this guy really that good?" - Mr Hertz - Shoot 'Em Up

Administrator

So I've been working on emailing old members as you know; this morning I sent out about 700 emails. Today S, R, Q, P, A & B usernames were all done (I got bored so I changes directions in the alphabet).

Perhaps it's my imagination but it seems like I was seeing a lot of guests on when you check who's online; a further check shows that today, so far, 14 members have registered. I also noticed the first letter in their username coincides with the emails that I have sent out.

I would certainly like to think that perhaps my efforts emailing is starting to pay off but frankly, I don't care how they got here; the important thing is that they are here.

I feel motivated now.
    "My god! Do we really suck, or is this guy really that good?" - Mr Hertz - Shoot 'Em Up

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by STMahlberg View Post
    I would certainly like to think that perhaps my efforts emailing is starting to pay off but frankly, I don't care how they got here; the important thing is that they are here.

I feel motivated now.
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night..........

Most excellent work. Tally-Ho.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night..........

Most excellent work. Tally-Ho.
    Thank you Fire$torm. Can hardly wait till midnight, then I can send another 700 or so emails.

Diamond Member

You say you worry about the email being bounced by too many people on the "To:" line. How about sending it to yourself, and then Bcc: a bunch of them. Maybe 20 per message.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Administrator

As of 11/16/2010 02:30

Members: 1646
    Emailed: 1145
    Undeliverable: 91

It appears that people are using the link to register. I am very pleased.

I still have approximately 600 members to try and email.
    Last edited by STMahlberg; 11-16-10 at 05:30 AM.

Teratoma

I think that once we go live and send an email blast to everyone we should be prepared to assist new and returning members in getting the most out of their boxes. We have a lot of good information on the other site spread around that should be consolidated here. I know this is being worked on in the FAQ.

I think an article on GPU crunching should be on the protal page with details on which cards can crunch. I bet there are a lot of members that have capable cards and don't even know about GPU projects. A list (or link) of all known cards would be really helpful.

Past Administrator

STM, just got my email, thanks! Wonderful work. It went to my inbox just fine and I'm using gmail as well. Keep at her, you're making headway!

Tera, is anyone working on a GPU crunching FAQ right now? I would actually enjoy working on that, or spearheading an effort if no one else is doing it yet. I would like to include a section on O/Cing and use data from Bryan's ATI thread on the old board before we lose that great info.
    Someone please let me know whether to start this or where I can jump on board with one already started.

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    STM, just got my email, thanks! Wonderful work. It went to my inbox just fine and I'm using gmail as well. Keep at her, you're making headway!

Tera, is anyone working on a GPU crunching FAQ right now? I would actually enjoy working on that, or spearheading an effort if no one else is doing it yet. I would like to include a section on O/Cing and use data from Bryan's ATI thread on the old board before we lose that great info.
    Someone please let me know whether to start this or where I can jump on board with one already started.
    Go check out the FAQ building group. As well as the FAQs. Those are the status of what's been done so far...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast