Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you guys think about the Corsair H100 Water cooler?

Gold Member

Re: What do you guys think about the Corsair H100 Water cooler?

I have the H100.

It works great for my i7 2600k, keeping the temps for all cores in the mid 40's while crunching. My case is the HAF-X and it fits inside the case at the top pointing upward. I have the 2 smaller fans pushing air through it upwards and the 2 larger case roof fans pulling out. The H100 has 3 fan settings.

I'd say get it!

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    OK, I am finally finished for the day. I will be off to Fry's in a half hour or so to see what they've got left. Wish me luck!
    Good lad. And don't forget the pics!!!!

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Past Administrator

Alright...they still had a couple, so I grabbed one. This is nuts. I have to say I feel almost guilty or something for some reason - I mean, spending $90 on a cooler when a $25 air cooler like Mike's would have done the job. Oh well. I've always wanted to try water cooling so I figure here is my chance to get a 240mm radiator and all.

@Mike - I was all set to grin and bear it, and pony up for one of the 560Ti or 570, but then a good friend offered me an unbelievable deal on two GTX 460s, so I just had to jump on them. I looked up all the GFLOPs on the Wiki comparison, and it looks like two GTX 460s beat anything I would be able to afford in the 500 series (which would be 560Ti or 570) right now. I figure what the heck - I can always use them now and then save up for dual GPU cards next year, right?
    So when it's all done, say in a week or so...or whenever I get the ATI GPU back from Gigabyte, the DrPop rig should be rocking:
    ASRock 890FX Deluxe4 mobo
    AMD PhenomII X6 1100T O/Ced as high as I can get it
    Corsair H100 H20 cooling
    8GB DDR3 1600 RAM
    640GB WD Caviar Black OS Drive
    Two 500GB Seagate Barracudas in RAID1 for my data
    Three GPUs - HD 5870 & Two GTX 460's
    1KW BFG PSU

How does that sound for one rig? I promised the wife I would keep it to one rig for me and one for Kat at least until the beginning of next year.

Cruncher Pete

How does that sound for one rig? I promised the wife I would keep it to one rig for me and one for Kat at least until the beginning of next year.
    I could never promise things like that as I could not keep my promise. Than again you have less than two months to wait.

Awesome! With that water cooler I'd imagine you'll be able to push that chip pretty hard. And nice score on the two 46o's! I can't wait to hear how the new rig works.

It would be really nice if the gtx 500 series has a price drop soon. I really want another 570 but man are they spendy...

Past Admin

Alright...they still had a couple, so I grabbed one. This is nuts. I have to say I feel almost guilty or something for some reason - I mean, spending $90 on a cooler when a $25 air cooler like Mike's would have done the job. Oh well. I've always wanted to try water cooling so I figure here is my chance to get a 240mm radiator and all.

@Mike - I was all set to grin and bear it, and pony up for one of the 560Ti or 570, but then a good friend offered me an unbelievable deal on two GTX 460s, so I just had to jump on them. I looked up all the GFLOPs on the Wiki comparison, and it looks like two GTX 460s beat anything I would be able to afford in the 500 series (which would be 560Ti or 570) right now. I figure what the heck - I can always use them now and then save up for dual GPU cards next year, right?
    So when it's all done, say in a week or so...or whenever I get the ATI GPU back from Gigabyte, the DrPop rig should be rocking:
    ASRock 890FX Deluxe4 mobo
    AMD PhenomII X6 1100T O/Ced as high as I can get it
    Corsair H100 H20 cooling
    8GB DDR3 1600 RAM
    640GB WD Caviar Black OS Drive
    Two 500GB Seagate Barracudas in RAID1 for my data
    Three GPUs - HD 5870 & Two GTX 460's
    1KW BFG PSU

AWESOME!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12