Page 92 of 133 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast

Thread: Duke the menace

Diamond Member

Re: Duke the menace

We cant stop seeing our feelings as facts, they are so personal and attached to each of us, they are such a big part of us that we can't stop to treat them as facts but facts are facts and feelings are feelings.

Actions defines everyone toward others, feelings is part of the way we see the world and ourselves, most people confuse both.

Knowing your heart without fear is to find a way, the way we choose to go is a fact.

Ricardo Ferreira
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Diamond Member

Too much love, is it good or bad, can in fact exist too much love?

I can go to quotes and quotes about too much love and don't find one against it. Strange that my experience in life tell me exactly the opposite.

Too much love turn into a living hell with discussion most of the times on jealousy. Almost all of my relations ended because of too much love and not the lack of it.

Not always the other part fault, I have to confess, Immature, insecurity and sometimes just seeing things that were never there. I had discussions about women I never noticed, about feelings I never had and about people that I have never seen, I may had done the same.

The irrationality of too much love burns and hurts and destroy too much and built nothing.

This last years I tell my companions in life that I don't want so much love just need to be well treated and want to treat well also, I want to go to all places without fear of being watched all the time, I want to be myself all the time and want the same to them.

Nothing is easy or comes for free the trust between people is an everyday construction as all human feelings that depend that we feed the love on everyday, like we water a plant to become a flower and so life goes on with the warm of tenderness and some passion in the right place.

Ricardo Ferreira

Diamond Member

Apocalipse (The Four Horsemen) Now?
    Nice Pictures inspired on Ragnarok, the Bible and Islam.

(death) by Kevin Dooley

Everything corrodes. Everything dies. by Eddy Van 3000

During The Famine Young Child Dying In The Gutter, China (1946) by Geroge Silk [Restored by ralph repo]

War by Moyan Brenn

Masks worn during experiments with Plague. Philippines, probably around 1912. by Otis Historical Archives National Museum of Health and Medicine

Copper Horse by JonoTakesPhotos

More on http://www.photographyblogger.net/th...pse-in-photos/

Diamond Member

I can see you, lurking behind your desk

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Buckingham View Post

I can see you, lurking behind your desk
    No you can't, I'm hiding!

If it's not broken, give me 5 more minutes!

Diamond Member

I can still see a bit of you justgeo1.

“My mind then wandered. I thought of this: I thought of how every day each of us experiences a few little moments that have just a bit more resonance than other moments—we hear a word that sticks in our mind—or maybe we have a small experience that pulls us out of ourselves, if only briefly—we share a hotel elevator with a bride in her veils, say, or a stranger gives us a piece of bread to feed to the mallard ducks in the lagoon; a small child starts a conversation with us in a Dairy Queen—or we have an episode like the one I had with the M&M cars back at the Husky station.

And if we were to collect these small moments in a notebook and save them over a period of months we would see certain trends emerge from our collection—certain voices would emerge that have been trying to speak through us. We would realize that we have been having another life altogether; one we didn’t even know was going on inside us. And maybe this other life is more important than the one we think of as being real—this clunky day-to-day world of furniture and noise and metal. So just maybe it is these small silent moments which are the true story-making events of our lives.”

― Douglas Coupland, Life After God

Diamond Member

After many searches, meetings, disagreements, I think my most sincere intention is to feel comfortable, as much as I can, being in my own skin. Is feel comfortable even accessing, occasionally memories that I would love inaccessible, sorrows of unhealed patterns that I have not learned to turn off, while striving they can still get me.

Someone Like Me

Diamond Member

In Portugal, Ex-Chief of Bank Is Arrested

By RAPHAEL MINDERJULY 24, 2014

Ricardo Salgado stepped down this month as chief executive of Banco Espirito Santo. Credit Francisco Seco/Associated Press

MADRID — The problems of Portugal’s most powerful family deepened Thursday when Ricardo Espírito Santo Silva Salgado, the patriarch and the former head of its bank, was arrested and ordered to post bail of 3 million euros by a judge leading a major money laundering and tax evasion case.

Mr. Salgado, 70, was arrested early Thursday at his home on the outskirts of Lisbon and taken to a closed-door courtroom hearing. The case involves a three-year investigation, code-named “Monte Branco” by prosecutors, centering on the activities of a Swiss asset manager working mostly on behalf of Portuguese clients.

The public prosecutor’s office did not explain why Mr. Salgado was brought back to court Thursday as part of the Monte Branco case.

Read more on http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/25/bu...ated.html?_r=0

Diamond Member

Diamond Member

The Fourteenth Amendment (Amendment XIV) to the United States Constitution was adopted on July 9, 1868, as one of the Reconstruction Amendments. The amendment addresses citizenship rights and equal protection of the laws, and was proposed in response to issues related to former slaves following the American Civil War. The amendment was bitterly contested, particularly by Southern states, which were forced to ratify it in order for them to regain representation in Congress. The Fourteenth Amendment, particularly its first section, is one of the most litigated parts of the Constitution, forming the basis for landmark decisions such as Roe v. Wade (1973), regarding abortion, and Bush v. Gore (2000), regarding the 2000 presidential election. The amendment limits the actions of all state and local officials, including those acting on behalf of such an official.

The second, third, and fourth sections of the amendment are seldom, if ever, litigated. The fifth section gives Congress enforcement power. The amendment's first section includes several clauses: the Citizenship Clause, Privileges or Immunities Clause, Due Process Clause, and Equal Protection Clause. The Citizenship Clause provides a broad definition of citizenship, overruling the Supreme Court's decision in Dred Scott v. Sandford (1857), which had held that Americans descended from African slaves could not be citizens of the United States. The Privileges or Immunities Clause has been interpreted in such a way that it does very little.

The Due Process Clause prohibits state and local government officials from depriving persons of life, liberty, or property without legislative authorization. This clause has also been used by the federal judiciary to make most of the Bill of Rights applicable to the states, as well as to recognize substantive and procedural requirements that state laws must satisfy.

The Equal Protection Clause requires each state to provide equal protection under the law to all people within its jurisdiction. This clause was the basis for Brown v. Board of Education (1954), the Supreme Court decision that precipitated the dismantling of racial segregation, and for many other decisions rejecting irrational or unnecessary discrimination against people belonging to various groups.

From Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourtee...s_Constitution

Page 92 of 133 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast