Page 105 of 133 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1323

Thread: Duke the menace

Diamond Member

Re: Duke the menace

Mein Kampf: "damn book" will be reedited in Germany.
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Diamond Member

“The best thing for being sad," replied Merlin, beginning to puff and blow, "is to learn something. That's the only thing that never fails. You may grow old and trembling in your anatomies, you may lie awake at night listening to the disorder of your veins, you may miss your only love, you may see the world about you devastated by evil lunatics, or know your honour trampled in the sewers of baser minds. There is only one thing for it then — to learn. Learn why the world wags and what wags it. That is the only thing which the mind can never exhaust, never alienate, never be tortured by, never fear or distrust, and never dream of regretting. Learning is the only thing for you. Look what a lot of things there are to learn.”
    ― T.H. White, The Once and Future King

Diamond Member

“Over the years, I have come to realize that the greatest trap in our life is not success, popularity, or power, but self-rejection. Success, popularity, and power can indeed present a great temptation, but their seductive quality often comes from the way they are part of the much larger temptation to self-rejection. When we have come to believe in the voices that call us worthless and unlovable, then success, popularity, and power are easily perceived as attractive solutions. The real trap, however, is self-rejection. As soon as someone accuses me or criticizes me, as soon as I am rejected, left alone, or abandoned, I find myself thinking, "Well, that proves once again that I am a nobody." ... [My dark side says,] I am no good... I deserve to be pushed aside, forgotten, rejected, and abandoned. Self-rejection is the greatest enemy of the spiritual life because it contradicts the sacred voice that calls us the "Beloved." Being the Beloved constitutes the core truth of our existence.”
    ― Henri J.M. Nouwen

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Buckingham View Post
    “Over the years, I have come to realize that the greatest trap in our life is not success, popularity, or power, but self-rejection. Success, popularity, and power can indeed present a great temptation, but their seductive quality often comes from the way they are part of the much larger temptation to self-rejection. When we have come to believe in the voices that call us worthless and unlovable, then success, popularity, and power are easily perceived as attractive solutions. The real trap, however, is self-rejection. As soon as someone accuses me or criticizes me, as soon as I am rejected, left alone, or abandoned, I find myself thinking, "Well, that proves once again that I am a nobody." ... [My dark side says,] I am no good... I deserve to be pushed aside, forgotten, rejected, and abandoned. Self-rejection is the greatest enemy of the spiritual life because it contradicts the sacred voice that calls us the "Beloved." Being the Beloved constitutes the core truth of our existence.”
    ― Henri J.M. Nouwen
    And don't ever forget that, my friend! You are unique and special!

If it's not broken, give me 5 more minutes!

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Justgeo1 View Post
    And don't ever forget that, my friend! You are unique and special!
    That was so nice my friend. Sometimes we just know we are, or so we think but the words of a friend are much more, much more ... than we ever ask for ...

Diamond Member

Plato considered aging as part of the continuity of life of young people and adults.
    "The pleasures of the mind are gradually replacing the physical pleasures, as if it were a release."
    Aristotle referred to the last stage of life as the senility, the deterioration of capacity.
    In the heterogeneity of aging, we always find examples to illustrate both perspectives.
    Someone Like Me

“All children, except one, grow up. They soon know that they will grow up, and the way Wendy knew was this. One day when she was two years old she was playing in a garden, and she plucked another flower and ran with it to her mother. I suppose she must have looked rather delightful, for Mrs Darling put her hand to her heart and cried, ‘Oh, why can’t you remain like this for ever!’ This was all that passed between them on the subject, but henceforth Wendy knew that she must grow up. You always know after you are two. Two is the beginning of the end.”
    ― J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan

Diamond Member

Black Sheep
    Blacksheep.jpg

Diamond Member

The Greeks want the same as Germany post World War II, that a single generation not have to pay for the mistakes of their parents. It is not destroying an entire generation that the world will get better, not in Germany's post-war, nor in Greece of Tsipras, nor in the other countries burdened by debts of an economically unbalanced world.

Ricardo Ferreira in a comment on a newspaper article

Diamond Member

I am HAPPY. portugal-flag.gif

Diamond Member

Page 105 of 133 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast