Page 84 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast

Thread: Duke the menace

Diamond Member

Re: Duke the menace

“Sorrow comes to all...Perfect relief is not possible, except with time. You cannot now realize that you will ever feel better and yet you are sure to be happy again.”

Abraham Lincoln

After helping those that need you, comes the most difficult moment of grief, when you are alone and then for the fist time it comes the silence and the pain for those that you have lost forever in this land.

I needed to be alone and in silence to feel, to ear my own sorrow and speak with my own grief,

Someone Like Me
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Diamond Member

The myth of unlimited production brings war in its train as inevitably as clouds announce a storm.

Albert Camus

Diamond Member

It is with great sadness that came to my knowledge that our friend Dr Dan is passing for difficult moments as he did in the past.

Dan you always fight for your ideals and took care of the Team Musketeers since the start, so you are not man to give up to your illness. You will be in my prayers and on my small talks with God. I will ask Him for you, for your health and to give you the strengh you need to pass this dificult moment.

I ask all friends of every team to crunch for the Team Musketeers for a while and put a smile on Dr Dan face. So, when you can dedicate a week of your crunching to our friend and former member of our team.

It is always a good time to found peace in our hearts and give peace and joy to others.

Musketeer.jpeg

Diamond Member

Does the team fired me? 15 posts is much even for me.

Maybe I can go on vacations for a while.
    About the next 10 years.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Buckingham View Post
    It is with great sadness that came to my knowledge that our friend Dr Dan is passing for difficult moments as he did in the past.

Dan you always fight for your ideals and took care of the Team Musketeers since the start, so you are not man to give up to your illness. You will be in my prayers and on my small talks with God. I will ask Him for you, for your health and to give you the strengh you need to pass this dificult moment.

I ask all friends of every team to crunch for the Team Musketeers for a while and put a smile on Dr Dan face. So, when you can dedicate a week of your crunching to our friend and former member of our team.

It is always a good time to found peace in our hearts and give peace and joy to others.

Prayers for Dr. Dan as he fight this difficult foe... I hate cancer...

If it's not broken, give me 5 more minutes!

Diamond Member

I am tired of pushing the update button and looking for apps or cc_configs all the time.

BOINC community was made for people that WANT TO HELP but have NO SPECIAL SKILLS to do it. Some projects and project administrators are making of BOINC a real hell, a big confusion of choices and options.

It is for the projects and their administrators to give the best options to RUN BOINC on CPU or GPU. I dont intend to give lessons for people that are here for so many years but the reallity is that BOINC is getting worst for the common users day by day.

Of each 10 persons that come to help, 8 just go away, it is not that there are less people with the intention to help, if that was true we shouldnt have people working on SETI anymore because SETI is a basic project that people just download and IT WORKS.

There are projects that just dont work except if we push the update button or have the right apps, download the effective libraries, or look for a good cc_config, it is too much for the common user that just want to HELP.

Afterall does BOINC needs help or not because this way looks that we are doing a favor to the projects running them. It is time for administrators look for solutions to make the projects run on THE MOST SIMPLE WAY.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Buckingham View Post
    I am tired of pushing the update button and looking for apps or cc_configs all the time.

BOINC community was made for people that WANT TO HELP but have NO SPECIAL SKILLS to do it. Some projects and project administrators are making of BOINC a real hell, a big confusion of choices and options.

It is for the projects and their administrators to give the best options to RUN BOINC on CPU or GPU. I dont intend to give lessons for people that are here for so many years but the reallity is that BOINC is getting worst for the common users day by day.

Of each 10 persons that come to help, 8 just go away, it is not that there are less people with the intention to help, if that was true we shouldnt have people working on SETI anymore because SETI is a basic project that people just download and IT WORKS.

There are projects that just dont work except if we push the update button or have the right apps, download the effective libraries, or look for a good cc_config, it is too much for the common user that just want to HELP.

Afterall does BOINC needs help or not because this way looks that we are doing a favor to the projects running them. It is time for administrators look for solutions to make the projects run on THE MOST SIMPLE WAY.
    I agree, if BOINC wants users, the need to keep things as simple and easy as possible. I can usually manage to get things to work but I'm not as good at this stuff as I used to be... I've forgotten way too much.

If it's not broken, give me 5 more minutes!

Diamond Member

The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Ronald Reagan

Diamond Member

The aging process has you firmly in its grasp if you never get the urge to throw a snowball. ~Doug Larson

Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter. ~Leroy "Satchel" Paige

Nobody grows old merely by living a number of years. We grow old by deserting our ideals. Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul. ~Samuel Ullman

You are as young as your faith, as old as your doubt; as young as your self-confidence, as old as your fear; as young as your hope, as old as your despair. ~Douglas MacArthur

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional. ~Chili Davis

In youth the days are short and the years are long; in old age the years are short and the days long. ~Nikita Ivanovich Panin

Age does not diminish the extreme disappointment of having a scoop of ice cream fall from the cone. ~Jim Fiebig

In a man's middle years there is scarcely a part of the body he would hesitate to turn over to the proper authorities. ~E.B. White

The years teach much which the days never knew. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Inflation is when you pay fifteen dollars for the ten-dollar haircut you used to get for five dollars when you had hair. ~Sam Ewing

Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been. ~Mark Twain, Following the Equator

Youth is a wonderful thing. What a crime to waste it on children. ~George Bernard Shaw

There is no pleasure worth forgoing just for an extra three years in the geriatric ward. ~John Mortimer

Old age isn't so bad when you consider the alternative. ~Maurice Chevalier, New York Times, 9 October 1960

Old Time, that greatest and longest established spinner of all!.... his factory is a secret place, his work is noiseless, and his hands are mutes. ~Charles Dickens

Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many. ~Author Unknown

Diamond Member

Page 84 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast