Page 18 of 133 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast

Thread: Duke the menace

Diamond Member

Re: Duke the menace

Nice Mike, I am better today and will be back to post the USA best pictures today.
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Diamond Member

Power problems for me. I was without power for about 5 hours. So I will have to do tomorrow some things I thought for today. And I had more time to think today.

We are formed and molded by our thoughts. Those whose minds are shaped by selfless thoughts give joy when they speak or act. Joy follows them like a shadow and a my shadow never leaves me.

I will be back tomorrow.

Duke

Diamond Member

Jai Guru Deva Om

Is the sentence bellow on Sanskrit. No it is not a Bin Laden sentence.

One night in 1967, the phrase "words are flowing out like endless rain into a paper cup" came to Lennon after hearing his ex-wife Cynthia, according to Lennon, "going on and on about something." Later, after "she'd gone to sleep—and I kept hearing these words over and over, flowing like an endless stream," Lennon went downstairs and turned it into a song. He began to write the rest of the lyrics and when he was done, he went to bed and forgot about them.

“I was lying next to my first wife in bed and I was thinking. It started off as a negative song and she must have been going on and on about something. She'd gone to sleep and I kept hearing, 'Words are flowing out like endless streams...' I was a bit irritated and I went downstairs and it turned into a sort of cosmic song rather than, 'Why are you always mouthing off at me?'... The words are purely inspirational and were given to me - except for maybe one or two where I had to resolve a line or something like that. I don't own it; it came through like that.”

The flavour of the song was heavily influenced by Lennon's and the Beatles' interest in Transcendental Meditation in late 1967 – early 1968, when the song was composed. Based on this he added the mantra "Jai guru deva om" (Sanskrit: जय गुरुदेव ॐ) to the piece, which became the link to the chorus. The Sanskrit phrase is a sentence fragment whose words could have many meanings. Literally it approximates as "glory to the shining remover of darkness," and can be paraphrased as "Victory to God divine", "Hail to the divine guru", or the phrase commonly invoked by the late Maharishi Mahesh Yogi in referring to his spiritual teacher "All Glory to Guru Dev.", I (Duke) would translate for "I give thanks and salutation to heavenly teacher, OM."

The song's lyrical structure is straightforward: three repetitions of a unit consisting of a verse, the line "Jai guru deva om" and the line "Nothing's gonna change my world" repeated four times. The lyrics are highly image-based, with abstract concepts reified with phrases like thoughts "meandering", words "slithering", and undying love "shining". The title phrase "across the universe" appears at intervals to finish lines, although it never cadences, always appearing as a rising figure, melodically unresolved. It finishes on the leading note; to the Western musical ear, the next musical note would be the tonic and would therefore sound complete.

In his 1970 interview with Rolling Stone, Lennon referred to the song as perhaps the best, most poetic lyric he ever wrote: "It's one of the best lyrics I've written. In fact, it could be the best. It's good poetry, or whatever you call it, without chewin' it. See, the ones I like are the ones that stand as words, without melody. They don't have to have any melody, like a poem, you can read them."

Diamond Member

Last edited by Duke of Buckingham; 08-19-12 at 07:58 AM.

Diamond Member

But men are men; the best sometimes forget.

William Shakespeare

Diamond Member

"Ua mau ke ea o ka ʻāina i ka pono"

"The life of the land is perpetuated in righteousness."

Diamond Member

There is so much about love that we could write a Townsend books and still have another Townsend to write.

Love is a such a complex feeling that goes from respect to friendship or about needs and forgiveness. For each word another Townsend books to write about. But in the end we all finish with one word, love.

The kind of love I want from and for my friends is full of respect as it always been. Respect for their country, religion, sexual choices or any other thing I could consider minor but sometimes is so important to them.

Not a lot of love thru a friendship that doesn't let us breath. Not that kind of love that eliminates the other person with one avalanche of our own feelings and demands so much from the other person. A small gesture, a kind word, that look we can only give to our friends and loved ones that is all is needed.

Some of us have been thru some traumatic events in one or another time of our lives and there is no one that don't understand what it is to be lost inside ourselves. There are tough things that only time can heal. The same time that heals our physical diseases, yes that one we are always counseling others to give to themselves.

As a friend I am always seeking for a remedy to help the heal my friends but sometimes only time can be of some help. In good times and bad times, I'll be on my friends side for ever more...that's what friends are for.

Ricardo Ferreira

Diamond Member

Diamond Member

Sadness please go away,

I want to sing again.

Diamond Member