Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Past Admin

Re: Duke the menace

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Buckingham View Post
    Happy Thanksgiving

Thanks Duke!!!

Gold Member

Happy Thanksgiving to you too! (do you celebrate a thanksgiving type holiday on another day of the year?)

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by artemis8 View Post
    Happy Thanksgiving to you too! (do you celebrate a thanksgiving type holiday on another day of the year?)
    All days are thanksgiving days for me.

The secret is to have nothing, to expect nothing and be always prepared for everything my God prepared for me.

Sometimes I am the strongest man on earth, other time I am the weakest.

God give me the the blanket for the exact match of the cold to come.

And for the last, I am happy, I am always happy.

What can I ask more?

Diamond Member

Don’t let the memory of a past experience hold you back or prevent you from trying again.

Everyone experiences failures. It’s a part of life.

The important thing is to learn from the things that didn’t work out for you. Take a step back from your failed attempts and try to remove your emotions from the situation. I realize how hard this is, but try to look at things analytically.

The world isn’t out to get you.

There’s a reason why each and every one of these things has happened, you owe it to yourself to figure out why.

All of these potential reasons for your failed attempts should create an automatic Action Plan for you. Once you pinpoint what it is that’s holding you back, attack that shit and fix it! You owe it to your dreams to do everything you can to create the opportunities that await you.

Don’t let your past dictate your future.

Take control of your future, take control of Now. Throw away the tissue box, roll up your sleeves… and let’s get to work!

Excerpts of a Brian Thompson text.

http://www.musicthinktank.com/blog/d...ur-future.html
    Last edited by Duke of Buckingham; 11-24-12 at 04:31 PM.

Diamond Member

I have dreamed that all men were created equal.

Ricardo Ferreira

Diamond Member

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allan Poe

Diamond Member

What is done to prejudice

The root of prejudice is always hatred of difference. That means always the presumption that the right is you. That you are the center of the world and that everyone has to turn around. That you are the perfect measure, the efficiency model, the solution sublime, supreme creature, surpassing the parameter against which others are defined - whether they are good or bad, big or small, beautiful or ugly.

Prejudice always has to do with fear about who is different. Because who does differently - who is not like us, who is appealing the path of another way - always exposes us. We always questioned. We take this as a challenge - how can this guy not be my mirror, not how I think, have ideas and attitudes actually totally different from mine? (And if the ideas and attitudes are his best, most charming, most entertaining and intelligent? How do I get?) Who is this guy that puts us at risk to give us contrast, when making other choices, to take another path? You need to kill this guy right at the root. You need to cut her wings, castrate him.

If we all are similar, there is the risk of being wrong. At least not individually. So prejudice is, before all, a cohesive force. He seeks, in attacking the differences, let everyone stuck in the middle lane, the average temperature in the "normality" in mediocrity, the viscosity of the big jelly general, common sense, beside the most stupid, never daring to call attention, neither above nor below, neither the leftmost or rightmost without clash a little bit, without allowing even an ounce of originality, individuality, finally difference.

The more village feeling, the narrower the horizon, the more we act like clan, the greater the prejudice, will be attacked more different, the more the sense of "average" will be valued. Instead, when greater cosmopolitanism, greater tolerance of difference, will sound more interesting and attractive ways to make other, more valuable will be the new, more individual freedoms and dissimilarities will be celebrated and welcomed.

It's like this: if the mere existence of the other, blooming outside your control radius, makes you feel uncomfortable or attacked, you seek to annihilate it. And even swallow the difference unbearable that the other imposes, you hate that source of pain with all her strength. If you are confident, adept is the theory of live and let live, if it is not given to the control of others who do not need the whole squad march at your own pace, wherever you want to go, to feel well enough to leave the chair, you simply tolerate - and maybe even have fun with - the difference.

Before ending: discrimination is also an exercise of power, hostile aggrandizement of himself in front of the other, which is always a supposedly inferior position. The clearer getting weaker position than other, more shine your privilege. And what good is a privilege that you can not rub in the face of others? Therefore, discrimination carries a bit of cowardice too. You believe you have an advantage with cruelty and uses, perversely. You only sleep happy at night feel humbled that someone during the day. Even though the advantage only exists in your head and even if you do not meet conditions to humiliate anyone. No matter. It intent. And intentions are, far more than the concrete results that define the scoundrels.

To be different is to have the courage to be yourself, no matter what that is...

Diamond Member

Diamond Member

Time to sleep

Goodnight

Page 37 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast