Page 54 of 133 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast

Thread: Duke the menace

Diamond Member

Re: Duke the menace

Thank you to all that noticed and for those that didn't notice either.

I am now trying to understand why my computer doesn't recognize nothing connected to SATA entries as the DVD player and any other disk I connected there but everything else seems to be working including the GPU. That is really strange and I think I have to take the computer to a technician and that breaks my heart, I don't like no one to touch my computer.

I am also thinking to use 2 or 3 pens download BOINC and use the computer only to crunch on Linux, Ubuntu of course. I need some more time to make a decision.
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Diamond Member

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.

Samuel Beckett

Diamond Member

Time to go and not look back. The past is the past, time to make a brighter future.

Sometimes being a friend means mastering the art of timing. There is a time for silence. A time to let go and allow people to hurl themselves into their own destiny. And a time to prepare to pick up the pieces when it's all over.

Diamond Member

Love and friendship are a journey not a destination.

Diamond Member

God is silence. See the trees, the flowers and the grass that grows in silence. See the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence... We need to be in silence to be able to ear and touch others souls.

Diamond Member

“You forget all of it anyway. First, you forget everything you learned-the dates of the Hay-Herran Treaty and Pythagorean Theorem. You especially forget everything you didn't really learn, but just memorized the night before. You forget the names of all but one or two of your teachers, and eventually you'll forget those, too. You forget your junior class schedule and where you used to sit and your best friend's home phone number and the lyrics to that song you must have played a million times. For me, it was something by Simon & Garfunkel. Who knows what it will be for you? And eventually, but slowly, oh so slowly, you forget your humiliations-even the ones that seemed indelible just fade away. You forget who was cool and who was not, who was pretty, smart, athletic, and not. Who went to a good college. Who threw the best parties Who could get you pot. You forget all of them. Even the ones you said you loved, and even the ones you actually did. They're the last to go. And then once you've forgotten enough, you love someone else.”
    ― Gabrielle Zevin, Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac

Diamond Member

There are some things we can only see when they are not there anymore.

Ricardo Ferreira

Diamond Member

It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

Frederick Douglass

Diamond Member

I would never thought...

I started on Boinc on Tue, 16 Jun 2009 at 14:43:28 UTC.

In my first times I was at Seti Portugal and then start wondering around.

I was on a lot of teams like PBToyz where I made my first posts as the team stopped crunching I returned to Seti Portugal for a while then for something I don't remember anymore I was invited to Sicituradastra where I stand for about one year and start having a (real) forum activity.

I started with disconnected posts and as I had never written, I was really insecure about what to write and the way of doing it, my English was not so good and I had to improve it to have a better communication.

About one year later I was in need of travel a bit more on Boinc world, what I post on Sicituradastra forum to get some team members opinion. Ten minutes later I couldn't enter the forum anymore. I was really confused about it, I never thought a question could be forbidden ...

Then as I had some contacts on other teams I choose "The Musketeers" and so I stayed on the TeaM for a while, I restarted "This day in history" and other images posts (images are good in any language). I was meanwhile in a lot of other teams trying to help in forum activity, I have seen forums starting and finishing, I may have post about 30,000 posts and been read more 1,000,000 times.

It is a long way for a poor person of this corner of the world that badly could write in English and had never posted a line. I had my good and bad moments but it worthwhile if I could make some of you laugh or made forums got another (better) life.

I was not always right and was not always wrong, I just choose something I am very happy to do and I made it for me and for you, the feelings are only the emotional strength that make you post and keep the forum alive.

Not in my wildest dreams I could expect to do half of the posts and crunching on such a short time.

http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?p...xact=N&cross=N

Last edited by Duke of Buckingham; 05-15-13 at 08:57 AM.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Buckingham View Post

I just choose something I am very happy to do
    Thank you . . .

Page 54 of 133 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast