Hiding
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Diamond Member

Re: Duke the menace

“When all else fails, take a vacation.”
    ― Betty Williams

“Here's to a vacation of no regrets!”
    ― Joan Rylen

“I’m going on vacation. I’ll bring you back a souvenir suitcase. It’ll be full of love, but otherwise appear to be empty.”
    ― Jarod Kintz, Love quotes for the ages. And the ageless sages.

A vacation is having nothing to do and all day to do it in.
    Robert Orben

Silver Member

I have a question, my friend... how do I take a vacation from retirement... I don't do anything and I have all day to do it now... what would I do on vacation?

If it's not broken, give me 5 more minutes!

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Justgeo1 View Post
    I have a question, my friend... how do I take a vacation from retirement... I don't do anything and I have all day to do it now... what would I do on vacation?
    Nice Justgeo1, now you have time for the important things of life that so often we don't pay attention while in activity.

We are so often taken by the rush of life and have no time or patience to take care of those we love or the real important things of our lives. I don't need to do things in a hurry to have a bit of time of doing nothing or have some time to contemplate my belly.

It is a time to review our goals and usually a time that we start feeling some difficulties, restrained by our health. It is a very different time for us to learn about ourselves and have conscious of the bones, eyes, heart, lungs and other parts of our body that were there for long and we never noticed.

Living is aging, know how to live is learning to get older and older and let the changes take place accepting our new limits but knowing how to live with them. Accept and conform with the limitations imposed by aging but keep on struggling (as we always did) along our lives.

I never loved life so much as I do now, aging is being to me a way of learning how to live with myself and the rediscover of other persons that I never gave attention and because of my endless curiosity the search of new concepts and some renewal of the old ones.

But in this case the vacations are from the forum that is going very well, never since I am here seen the forum so alive with new concepts and some rediscover of itself. Yes, is cutting my activity to 2 or 3 posts a day to have more time to look at my belly.

When the sun stop shining, I will happily take bath on the rain.

Silver Member

I know all about learning to live with my current health... I now give much time to others with their own health issues... I know how important it is to be there for others.

I love having my age be a good thing for me!

If it's not broken, give me 5 more minutes!

Diamond Member

Lovely Portraits of Little Children by Heather Mitchell

http://photographyblogger.net/lovely...ther-mitchell/

Diamond Member

Diamond Member

Genuine politics -- every politics worthy of the name -- the only politics I am willing to devote myself to -- is simply a matter of serving those around us: serving the community and serving those who will come after us. Its deepest roots are moral because it is a responsibility expressed through action, to and for the whole.

Our duty is to be useful, not according to our desires but according to our powers.

You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful.

Be able to stick with a job until it is finished. Be able to bear an injustice without having to get even. Be able to carry money without spending it. Do your duty without being supervised.

This is the duty of our generation as we enter the twenty-first century -- solidarity with the weak, the persecuted, the lonely, the sick, and those in despair. It is expressed by the desire to give a noble and humanizing meaning to a community in which all members will define themselves not by their own identity but by that of others.

Ethics cannot be based upon our obligations toward [people], but they are complete and natural only when we feel this Reverence for Life and the desire to have compassion for and to help all creatures insofar as it is in our power. I think that this ethic will become more and more recognized because of its great naturalness and because it is the foundation of a true humanism toward which we must strive if our culture is to become truly ethical.

In a word, neither death, nor exile, nor pain, nor anything of this kind is the real cause of our doing or not doing any action, but our inward opinions and principles.

The moral law commands us to make the highest possible good in a world the final object of all our conduct.

Someone Like Me

Page 93 of 133 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast