Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Team Founder

Platinum Member

Team Founder

Since only the team founder can sign up for challenges, it might behoove us to transfer foundership over to a more active team member. Especially if BJ is happy and anxious just to be a casual team member again...

From my understanding, either BJ can do this, or one of the admins can message the folks at WCG to move it. I bring this up and post it here because it would be nice if SETI.USA signed up for the Christmas Challenge there, even if we just let the "set and forget" crunchers there hold us. At least we'd get our name up over there...

Gold Member

Re: Team Founder

Really I think an admin can request the transfer from the team project page and if bj doesn't stop it it will happen automaticly, but I think he has 28 days to reply.

Diamond Member

WCG is different....in many ways.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Gold Member

that is true I didn't go look at it but I will.

Gold Member

looks like it is going to take a request to the projects admins. course most of the things are harder on that project than any other

Past Administrator

LAF is having this exact same problem. They said if an Admin requests it, WCG can get the account access changed in 14 days. That's the fastest, period.

We better get a hop on it if we want it to all work out in time. I would crunch the challenge, and I know the S.G. clan is anxious for us to smoke them there...er...I mean, show up.

BlkJack-21

I have an idea....why don't you just ask?!?!?!

I can sign up for all of the challenges, like we did in the past....but no it is simpler not to ask me and request a founder transfer.

geeesh

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlkJack-21 View Post
    I have an idea....why don't you just ask?!?!?!
    Because you haven't responded to emails and PMs I've sent in the past. Because it's been two seeks since you last logged in. Because we've entirely given up on this idea and are going to support Team Musketeers for this challenge. Because people have asked in open forums to be signed up for challenges in the past without any success.

Past Admin

Now that this is an active topic again how about we start a discussion about a founder account like other teams have.
    A separate Founders account will allow the admins. access to a master account that they could log into and handle the day to day ops. I'm sure there are enough dedicated, trusted members that could have access and be willing to take on this massive responsibility to help out BJ. This team is huge and needs more than one guy to handle the load. My 2 cents.

Tank_Master & Terra setup a generic founder account on many of the projects:

User name: Team SETI.USA
    CPID: 7e91997f115affe1ad1f0c0c3f799a9f

The email for this account is setup for our shared admin contact email.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast