Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First nite cruching and no flames...

Past Administrator

Re: First nite cruching and no flames...

Yeah, if you have 2 ATI cards in one rig, and 1 is considerably slower than the other, it will slow Moo! down. Bryan is the one who told me about this, it has to do with the way one card waits for the other to finish the part of the WU it's working on.

What mono is that single core AMD CPU in? You never know, if the mobo is new enough, you might be able to get a much faster CPU for real cheap. . .just depends on the socket type.

Yeah, Ivy Bridge is tempting, but from the sounds of all the hardware review sites, it is going to be quite a mild upgrade from Sandy Bridge. Not too much % performance gain really, more working out kinks and major update to the inboard GPU, which doesn't actually help us crunchers all that much. The really interesting one to me is the new 6 core Sandy Bridge-E CPUs...lots of power there, and the second one in the lineup is not too over priced. Although, you could get a new 16 core Opteron server CPU for the same price, lol!

Gold Member

Re: First nite cruching and no flames...

Quote Originally Posted by coronicus View Post
    A Buddy sent me his old rig its a 3000+ single core amd with a pcix but i couldnt fit the 8800gt cause of a dumb capaciter in the way
    That's when you break out the tin snips and mod the case!
    Spring 2008 Race: (1st Place)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12