Thread: 100% dual cpu usage on AMD GPU

Silver Member

100% dual cpu usage on AMD GPU

This may not be the best way of running these cards so asking for some advice on how i should takle this as i try to tweak out some performance...
    100% on both cores with dnetx518-win32-x86-stream.exe *32
    2.5G memory usage
    4850x2 running around 96%-98% with vere few drops to 91%
    5770 running around 98% and every now and then i see a drop to 86% for about half a sec which im guessing its waiting on the 4850x2 to finish whatever its doing....

Moo! Wrapper is saying running (0.05 CPUs + 2.00 ATI GPUs (device 0))

I do not have anything crossfireing the cards i was expecting to see two apps one on the 5770 and one on the 4850x2.

I expected some cpu usage but im puzzled on this one... The run time on a WU is around 30min

System info
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
    core 2 duo E8400 OC @3.4GHz 4g ram max Temp 48C
    4850x2 Max Temp 80C
    5770 Max Temp 81C

Past Administrator

Re: 100% dual cpu usage on AMD GPU

That is normal behavior for Moo.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Silver Member

FYI the new AMD 11.12 driver corrected the locked threads on my dual and single AMD GPU setups for both the 4850x2 and the dual 6950 aswell as my single 5770... WOOT now I can use the cores for something else.. sorry took me so long to say something about it found out about it right before the PG challenge and right as i blew one of my power supplies and motherboards so was a tad busy moving parts round for PG..

So if anyone else test this out and it works for them let us know... might just be a fluk on my end but would be nice to know if it fixes it for others..

Past Admin

Quote Originally Posted by coronicus View Post
    FYI the new AMD 11.12 driver corrected the locked threads on my dual and single AMD GPU setups for both the 4850x2 and the dual 6950 aswell as my single 5770... WOOT now I can use the cores for something else.. sorry took me so long to say something about it found out about it right before the PG challenge and right as i blew one of my power supplies and motherboards so was a tad busy moving parts round for PG..

So if anyone else test this out and it works for them let us know... might just be a fluk on my end but would be nice to know if it fixes it for others..
    I'll have to update and see if it will free up a core for me. I'm running an AMD x2 and Moo takes both cores to run the 5970 and 5870.