Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I know why I left Seti

Silver Member

I know why I left Seti

The credits suck lol. My full array and im only pulling maybe 50k points a day.. how pathetic. Going from 800k+ daily.. it sure does seem off.

Tho Imagine if Seti@home was competitive with credits? Im sure their system couldnt handle the massive amount of people trying to work the project.. heck I think it already has issues with that.

Dont think ill be sticking here long.. maybe hit 1 mill and call it done.

Seem strange tho considering most of us probably came from Seti@home.. and now not so many of us still actively crunch it.. I know I dont.

Gold Member

Re: I know why I left Seti

Well, as long as they have the help they need, there's really no reason to raise credits. I suppose the same could be said for WCG.
    6r39 7r199

Past Administrator

Yeah, I know what you mean. Every time I think about going for a 1Mil MM in SETI, I just can't bring myself to do it because of the low credits. I mean, I would have to give up something like 9 or 10 million credits in DiRT just to get the 650K I would need to hit 1Mil at SETI. If I was a true MMer I might be more tempted ... but even then, that's a hard sell.

Cruncher Pete

I left for the same reasons like most of you and do not intend to return soon. Having said that, I won't knock SETI for we still have a lot of newbies who are interested in searching for that elusive green man and in fact it is the backbone of our silent crunchers something like 1500 of them. Let us hope that once our Newsletter reaches them we might have some converts who will help us with better scoring projects to get us to the top.

Past Administrator

@C.P. - true, SETI@Home is like the gateway drug to Crunching!!!

Past Admin

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    @C.P. - true, SETI@Home is like the gateway drug to Crunching!!!
    So true. It's what got me hooked.

Diamond Member

Yeha man I am

SETI addicted Duke

Philadelphia

Boy, the folks over at SETI are a sensitive bunch.

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Philadelphia View Post
    Boy, the folks over at SETI are a sensitive bunch.
    Lol! You are a good soul, replying as you did. The interesting thing is that Z and Mumps, etc, can give you all sorts of reasons not to crunch SETI anymore either, because their data is all screwed up to begin with. Kind of comical, the pot calling the kettle black. But don't bother to tell them, because they still don't get it.
    At any rate, SETI is the gateway to all crunching projects; it is where I started and still would be without this team. I won't really knock it either, I just won't crunch it much anymore until they make some changes.
    The suggestion to crunch Enigma is good - except that I would reply - when Enigma gives out credits like Moo! does, then suddenly it will be a whole lot more relevant to the discussion!

Thanks for your even keel, mate, and have a great day crunching. In the end, we're just happy you joined with us to crunch.
    See you around!
    Pops

Past Admin

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    Lol! You are a good soul, replying as you did. The interesting thing is that Z and Mumps, etc, can give you all sorts of reasons not to crunch SETI anymore either, because their data is all screwed up to begin with. Kind of comical, the pot calling the kettle black. But don't bother to tell them, because they still don't get it.
    At any rate, SETI is the gateway to all crunching projects; it is where I started and still would be without this team. I won't really knock it either, I just won't crunch it much anymore until they make some changes.
    The suggestion to crunch Enigma is good - except that I would reply - when Enigma gives out credits like Moo! does, then suddenly it will be a whole lot more relevant to the discussion!

Thanks for your even keel, mate, and have a great day crunching. In the end, we're just happy you joined with us to crunch.
    See you around!
    Pops
    +1

Sometimes it feels like the people over at SETI has no clue to what is going on in the real world...
    Proud member of SETI.USA since 28īth December 2005.

Joined old MB Dec. 28th 2005 - 5837 posts

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast