Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SandyBridge-E

Past Administrator

Re: SandyBridge-E

@ Z - I am so happy for you, what a build! I think many of us will follow suit in 2012 on some good ones...so stoked about the 560Tix2 GPU! Please keep me updated on the performance of that because you have both 580 and 590 to compare.

Couple last thoughts - do you really need an SSD that big? And also do you really like the MSI mobo or is there a Gigabyte or ASUS/ASRock one that you would consider?
    Last edited by DrPop; 11-24-11 at 07:47 PM. Reason: ATRIX phone typo as usual

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    Couple last thoughts - do you really need an SSD that big? And also do you really like the MSI mobo or is there a Gigabyte or ASUS/ASRock one that you would consider?
    I guess I could get by with a 120gb. But I really want to be sure I have enough room for several VMs.

I would be willing to look at other mobos, if there was a significant reason. Something like cost or features. Is there one in particular you had in mind? Like I said, I have a BBM in my SB build, and I a happy. So I picked another MSI, with enough DIMM slots to allow 2gb/thread using 4gb DIMMs.

Edit: Your question about the SSD got me to think more about it. I changed it to the 120gb after all. Now just waiting until midnight eastern, to see if there are any more of the items going on sale.
    Last edited by zombie67; 11-24-11 at 08:23 PM.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Silver Member

WOW thats one heck of a setup....

I actually dream built something like that on newegg but once the wife saw the price tag i got smacked in the back of the head...

so realitly set in for me and had to give up the ubber stuff but its nice to see you will be living my dream machine hehe...

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    Edit: Your question about the SSD got me to think more about it. I changed it to the 120gb after all. Now just waiting until midnight eastern, to see if there are any more of the items going on sale.
    There will be. In my e-blast from the Egg it stated to watch out for tomorrows special announcement! I hope your an e-blast subscriber ---> http://promotions.newegg.com/neemail...mepage-_-promo
    Last edited by Fire$torm; 11-24-11 at 08:57 PM.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Diamond Member
    I seem to get some sort of email from newegg almost every day. Yeah, I am on their list. I wonder if that is midnight EST or PST?

Diamond Member

They are emailing all zombies on the block.

Duke

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    I seem to get some sort of email from newegg almost every day. Yeah, I am on their list. I wonder if that is midnight EST or PST?
    For them it is Pacific time. I usually get their eblast shortly after 3:00am Eastern.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    For them it is Pacific time. I usually get their eblast shortly after 3:00am Eastern.
    Dang. Well, the order will have to wait until tomorrow then.

Past Administrator

I think that's a good call to save $ on the SSD because the larger ones will certainly get cheaper and faster by the time you really need another one.

I'm sure that MSI's higher end boards like this one are just fine, and probably awesome in fact. After looking at your options for boards with 8 RAM slots, this one is probably a good fit.

Last but not least - the H100 water cooling unit is twice as powerful as the H70 due to larger radiator and you could get it for $69 on their sale after rebate. Just a thought, although I know you're not that into O/Cing.
    Sounds like such a killer rig!

Past Administrator

@Z - if you jump on these before they're gone, it'll save you $60 on the RAM you want. Just get 4 sets of this for $120 total.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc..._-20231416-L0F
    Edit:
    If you prefer Ripjaws, same price: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231314
    Last edited by DrPop; 11-25-11 at 03:54 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast