Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Help i cant ge to the boxes

Diamond Member

Re: Help i cant ge to the boxes

This was an information that Bryan gave me. After Detaching the project it is functionning quite good for me at least. Maybe you should try to do the same. Is not much of an information but I dont know much either.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Buckingham View Post
    This was an information that Bryan gave me. After Detaching the project it is functionning quite good for me at least. Maybe you should try to do the same. Is not much of an information but I dont know much either.
    Yeah was worth a shoot but no go...

detached
    rebooted
    reattach

So tried the new 12.1 drivers from amd and no go plus caused my computer to crash several times so sounds like they got some bugs to work out of the new drivers.

same with turning on and off CF..

Past Admin

I also can't get it to run at 95% or better. I tried what you suggested. I even tried deleting Boinc, rebooting, fresh Boinc install. Reattach. Still up and down like a seesaw.

Past Administrator

Yep. I installed the HD5870 in Brandon's rig over Christmas. I am going to tell him to try Collatz for awhile, because Moo! is giving his rig some issues, I think. Kind of hard to diagnose everything over the phone, but it seems to be the likely culprit.

Diamond Member

I understand that. For me crunching a GPU is enough for now. The 5770 gives differents percentages depending on the project but in fact I don`t know why is what and what is why. I am for now having the pleasure of see and mainly ear the GPU crunching. What do I know?

I only know

But I still run from GPU`s mad instructions

Silver Member

Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Anyhow the powersupply made it today here is some pics..

PIC-0016.jpgPIC-0017.jpg

Hopefully in a few years the gold rating will pay for itself in saving. I know allot of sites say its not worth it but they only see it from a gamers view but 24/7 running it should show some savings atleast I like to think it will. So please no math you will make my head hurt

I found my camera cable so i promise the pictures will get better, I hope

Past Admin

Quote Originally Posted by coronicus View Post
    Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Anyhow the powersupply made it today here is some pics..

PIC-0016.jpgPIC-0017.jpg

Hopefully in a few years the gold rating will pay for itself in saving. I know allot of sites say its not worth it but they only see it from a gamers view but 24/7 running it should show some savings atleast I like to think it will. So please no math you will make my head hurt

I found my camera cable so i promise the pictures will get better, I hope
    Very nice. Is the old one still working? F$ is looking for a 500w. Trying to get him up and running...

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike029 View Post
    Very nice. Is the old one still working? F$ is looking for a 500w. Trying to get him up and running...
    Wish I had a spare but atm I have to send one off for rma and have plans for the 650w once ivy is released.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by coronicus View Post
    Yeah was worth a shoot but no go...

detached
    rebooted
    reattach

So tried the new 12.1 drivers from amd and no go plus caused my computer to crash several times so sounds like they got some bugs to work out of the new drivers.

same with turning on and off CF..
    The 12.1 are working fine on my 6970. Maybe the new app stresses the GPU more and the overclock is too high to remain stable.
    Spring 2008 Race: (1st Place)

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    The 12.1 are working fine on my 6970. Maybe the new app stresses the GPU more and the overclock is too high to remain stable.
    Yeah i though about that thinking maybe the card was downclocking but msi burner thingy didnt show a change in clock speed but i went ahead and reset the bios back to the normal 6950 setting and same deal so im still puzzle im going to assume its the drivers. Since i game on this box i prefer using the newer drivers so just gonna have to bit the bullet on this one till they release a driver that is stable. Atleast milky way is working again with the newer drivers 12.1 was broke for a while with 11.12 and i believe 11.11

edit: ah just realized your using 12.1 this is just crazy my 4850x2 the 5770 the 3850 all run 12.1 and 95% usage so im puzzled the only thing i haven't tinkered with is the cpu oc which i will try out after the simap challenge
    Last edited by coronicus; 02-02-12 at 12:04 PM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast