Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Help i cant ge to the boxes

Silver Member

Re: Help i cant ge to the boxes

Well this project is going nowhere lmao... the casing is still empty and in pieces... the computer itself been on the test bench for months now. Im just not winning, ugh, were is charlie sheen when you need him winning!!!

Anyhow here is my problem the H100 radiator will not fit my casing. It has the room at the top but cause i bought these fat corsair vengance ram they are to tall to allow me to get the radiator to fit in so now im at a lose as to what to do... Either purchase the H80 to install on the back fan, replace ram to allow room for the H100 but will still take some modification which will hinder the cooling, or new casing that will allow the memory and H100 to be happy together which atm I havent found one yet..

To make this all more fun as i stated elsewhere the motherboard is defective which may be the cause why moo runs like a turtle. what to do! what to do?

Now for the good news I have aquired two dual core computers and with the generous donation from Al McAdams they now have enough memory to keep the dual gpu setup running much much smoother. Thank you so much and I am proud to be a member of this Team.

so my little farm grows and so does my electricity bill

E6500
    E6750
    E8400
    I7 2600k
    2x laptops 1.6ghz dual cores

The rest of farm well lets just call them 14 heaters so i only got a few more weeks at most before the air conditioner starts kicking in and the wife puts her foot down when she sees the electricity bill hit close to $400/month. Im hoping with these new purchases that they will run slightly cooler and allow me to keep rolling during the summer but at a slightly lower rac i do plan on saving the power usage for our challenges and continue being an active member for years to come.

Your winter cruncher, guess i need to change that to full fledge addicted cruncher.

Past Administrator

Hey coronicus,

I'm having a hard time visualizing your problem. So like which case do you have?

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Silver Member

Thermaltake Element V NVIDIA editon
    http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/Produc...C=1420&ID=1963

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by coronicus View Post
    Thermaltake Element V NVIDIA editon
    http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/Produc...C=1420&ID=1963
    Thanks. Now I think I see your problem. Have you tried to mount the H100 radiator on the inside top location and mount the fans on the outside? It won't be pretty but it should work. Note that you may need to get slightly longer screws to get through the fan and case to the radiator.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Silver Member

Sad day for me boxed up the MB and off it goes...

At this point when i get the board back i think im gonna have to put the H100 aside for the time being till either i sell the h100 for a replacement h80, heck maybe it will work fine on the air cooler and ill just let it be. Im hoping when ivy releases i can find a new board that has the memory in a dif spot, anyhow wishful thinking.

Gold Member

Thats nothing that mounting the MB to a piece of plywood and skipping using a case at all won't fix... Then there's never a problem with space and you can use a 20" box fan to cool it all!
    Spring 2008 Race: (1st Place)

Past Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    Thats nothing that mounting the MB to a piece of plywood and skipping using a case at all won't fix... Then there's never a problem with space and you can use a 20" box fan to cool it all!
    You and F$ think alike.

GalaxyIce

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    No plywood here, but certainly bits skipping out of my box;

Silver Member

I know I know.. I though for once im gonna get a casing that is large and in charge but only to find out i didnt get right sizes in the right places.. Story of my life, I tell you what

Silver Member

Finally got the motherboard in and been working on putting things together for several days. Thanks to Fire$storm ideas it made me rethink how to go about getting it to fit. Although it took me hours on hours of trying dif combination i finally found one that would work. Here are the pics hope you enjoy and as promised a better camera.

100_0805.jpg

Sam had to see what was going on and decided he would help make things more interesting. chewing on the boxes and schreading packaging.

sam 004.jpg

One of the things that sold me on this casing was the cooling duck for the video cards with a massive fan, this thing is insane and is way to loud but atleast when im out of the room i know my video cards will be cool even if the fans fail on the video cards.

sam 005.jpg
    sam 007.jpg

So now that i feel more confident with the ability to cool a 3 way crossfire my plans are for a new motherboard when the Z77 chipset releases and either sell the 2 6950 for 3x7950 or maybe just buy a used 6950, I really hope intel releases a 6 core ivy for this chipset but you know im probably day dreaming.

sam 011.jpg

The casing has neat leds as well with dif settings but that just for show will have to send you more pics once i close up the casing have one more mod to do. As i mentioned earlier the gpu fan is increadily loud i mean sever fan level loud so i need to come up with a fan control. Since this thing is over 30W the control on the casing cant handle it and nor am i going to even try with the motherboard fan control. BTW, Anyone have a link on how to make one, im thinking worse case make just an on/off switch but would be nice if i could adjust the voltage something like 8-12V. i know this fan wont even spin at 5V.

Final system specs:

Thermaltake Element V
    Seasonic 850W Gold
    ASROCK Z68 Extreme3 Gen3
    I7 2600K
    Corsair H100 Water cooling
    16GB Corsair Vengance 1600
    1T Samsung HD103SJ
    120G OCZ Agility 3 SSD
    HP DVD
    2x Diamond HD6950 (shader unlocked 6970)
    Windows 7 64bit Ultimate

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast