Thread: How do we get Prima to allow 0% usage?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Past Administrator

How do we get Prima to allow 0% usage?

Hi, I'm curious how we can find out who to talk to on this. I wanted to set Prima as a backup project, in case DiRT runs out of CPU WUs, but can't really do this. I was able to set it all the way down to .01%, but it will not accept 0%. Even at the .01%, it will grab WUs and crunch them instead of letting DiRT crunch what it has. Thus, it is not really a good backup project like I was hoping.

Anyone know of ways to do this, or how we might help the people that can change it see this as a good idea?

Diamond Member

Re: How do we get Prima to allow 0% usage?

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    Hi, I'm curious how we can find out who to talk to on this. I wanted to set Prima as a backup project, in case DiRT runs out of CPU WUs, but can't really do this. I was able to set it all the way down to .01%, but it will not accept 0%. Even at the .01%, it will grab WUs and crunch them instead of letting DiRT crunch what it has. Thus, it is not really a good backup project like I was hoping.

Anyone know of ways to do this, or how we might help the people that can change it see this as a good idea?
    They need to update their server code. This was added a long time ago. So it must be pretty old.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Past Administrator

Ah, ok. Maybe they are worried that if they update their server code then they'll have credit[new] problems?

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    Ah, ok. Maybe they are worried that if they update their server code then they'll have credit[new] problems?
    That feature was implemented long before CreditNew came along. They just need to DL a more recent version if it is still available, or just ask one of the other project admins for a copy.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6