6r39 7r199

Past Administrator

Re: Did We Break Prima?

Quote Originally Posted by trigggl View Post
    I think Mumps broke it.
    Heh ... rather likely!

Platinum Member

It comes and goes. I guess putting those last couple hosts dedicated to PBA was the last straw.

Hopefully they'll get it to recover before I run dry on too many hosts.

Platinum Member

It seems to go in waves for me. Some days it is running fine, others the WU's are stuck.

Tomis

Quote Originally Posted by denim View Post
    It seems to go in waves for me. Some days it is running fine, others the WU's are stuck.
    Funny thing is that they supply my computer with 200 task because they thought my computer can finish them in 8 min instead of the actual 51 min so I never notice and they finally corrected my remaining time too.
    Last edited by Tomis; 08-17-11 at 11:13 AM.

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tomis View Post
    Funny thing is that they supply my computer with 200 task because they thought my computer can finish them in 8 min instead of the actual 51 min so I never notice and they finally corrected my remaining time too.
    Yup. PBA is funny that way, like many projects that don't have good estimates built in to their WU's. So when you first attach, it thinks you can finish very quickly, then it finally finishes the first few and adjusts your DCF (Duration Correction Factor) to get close to reality. Many projects with that problem actaully limit the number of WU's you get get in chunks to keep from really ending up with a problem. PBA isn't all that good at that.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
    Yup. PBA is funny that way, like many projects that don't have good estimates built in to their WU's. So when you first attach, it thinks you can finish very quickly, then it finally finishes the first few and adjusts your DCF (Duration Correction Factor) to get close to reality. Many projects with that problem actaully limit the number of WU's you get get in chunks to keep from really ending up with a problem. PBA isn't all that good at that.
    That's why whenever I attach to a new project, I just download a few tasks and set to no new work until I complete a few.
    6r39 7r199

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tomis View Post
    Yeah, this is a slight issue if you download too much work. However, if the project goes down while you have all this work then you don't run into an issue of having no work and needing to move to another project. The only issue you may run into is if the project has relatively short turnaround/deadline dates.

Administrator

It appears to be back up in the sense that it is now taking my completed WUs; however, it's not giving me any new work and I'm running low.
    "My god! Do we really suck, or is this guy really that good?" - Mr Hertz - Shoot 'Em Up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast