Thread: What if electricity was free?

Past Admin

What if electricity was free?

Hey there team....

I just stumbled across this AMAZING lecture on Youtube...Please do yourself the favour and use those 10 mins of your time it takes to watch....And then tell me what you think...

Proud member of SETI.USA since 28īth December 2005.

Joined old MB Dec. 28th 2005 - 5837 posts

Past Admin

Re: What if electricity was free?

I'd invest in the research.

Past Administrator

This is the kind of stuff that makes me really excited about technology. The chance for a paradigm shift in how the world works. Truly, if the world accepted more people like this guy and rejected more of the Trumps, Ellisons and the like, it would be a much better place.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Past Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    This is the kind of stuff that makes me really excited about technology. The chance for a paradigm shift in how the world works. Truly, if the world accepted more people like this guy and rejected more of the Trumps, Ellisons and the like, it would be a much better place.
    I think I know what you mean....I got all warm and fuzzy inside when i heard this...Itīs great if they get to do it for ordinary people...But at the same time I was thinking.."wonder how long he will be in business when the Oil-compagnys lobbyists turn it around?" Sure they must lost a bunch of money if they do not keep up...

The great thing about progress is though, that it canīt be stopped. At some point it will be everyday life...Like or not.

Edit: One thing I canīt figure out though - is..Why do governments make so impossible for the citizens to go green?? Here in Denmark for exsample...If I were to buy a windmill, they have a law stating that I canīt set it up unless I got more than 1 Kilometer to next neighbor...
    If I wanna buy solarpanels...Itīs so exspensive because of taxes, that even a small set that can produce like 20% of my energy needs, will take me more than 20 years to pay (you know...Cost vs spared exspenses) Say I won the lottery and bougth solar enough to get me covered 100%, EVEN THEN I still have to pay to my local compagny, since we have a law stating that no household can "bail out"...Actually we are slaves of our local compagny......

Actually it goes even beyond that...If I wanna build a new outhouse, or just increase my house with exstra room, I must apply to the local authorities - and if the new building does not match the surrounding buildings - itīs denied!!! I mean....IT`S MY FRICKIN HOUSE!!
    Last edited by Beerdrinker; 12-04-11 at 01:53 AM.
    Proud member of SETI.USA since 28īth December 2005.

Joined old MB Dec. 28th 2005 - 5837 posts

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Beerdrinker View Post
    I think I know what you mean....I got all warm and fuzzy inside when i heard this...Itīs great if they get to do it for ordinary people...But at the same time I was thinking.."wonder how long he will be in business when the Oil-compagnys lobbyists turn it around?" Sure they must lost a bunch of money if they do not keep up...

The great thing about progress is though, that it canīt be stopped. At some point it will be everyday life...Like or not.

Edit: One thing I canīt figure out though - is..Why do governments make so impossible for the citizens to go green?? Here in Denmark for exsample...If I were to buy a windmill, they have a law stating that I canīt set it up unless I got more than 1 Kilometer to next neighbor...
    If I wanna buy solarpanels...Itīs so exspensive because of taxes, that even a small set that can produce like 20% of my energy needs, will take me more than 20 years to pay (you know...Cost vs spared exspenses) Say I won the lottery and bougth solar enough to get me covered 100%, EVEN THEN I still have to pay to my local compagny, since we have a law stating that no household can "bail out"...Actually we are slaves of our local compagny......

Actually it goes even beyond that...If I wanna build a new outhouse, or just increase my house with exstra room, I must apply to the local authorities - and if the new building does not match the surrounding buildings - itīs denied!!! I mean....IT`S MY FRICKIN HOUSE!!
    Well, as long as politicians can receive corporate money they will always help them before citizens.

As to the your housing laws it sounds just like suburban America. And many suburbs have the most asinine regulations. In some, one cannot even change the color of his/her front door!

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6